Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stopped by the stealer to see how over-booked they were for the recall work.
The guy behind the counter said they were waiting on the switches.
I didn't think to ask if they had run out or if they never had any to begin with.
Anyway, I added my name to the list.
They should be calling when they get them in.

Has anybody else run into this?

HSP

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Dealer called me 3 weeks before I got notice from MOCO and did install a few days later. I guess I am saying it was done over a month ago.

·
Super Moderator
12,295 Posts
I finally went to get mine done today, was at the dealer over 4hrs, and have to go back tomorrow because there is a problem...:mad:...but they had plenty of switches.

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
1,775 Posts
I took my bike in without an appointment. Left 30 minutes later.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Yep called yesterday to take it in, they said they just ran out and wont have any in until Friday.

·
Registered
36 Posts
ok just seen this..whats the recall on?

·
Registered
8,187 Posts
Took my bike in by appointment . The whole deal took about 1 hour including cool down time. I got to them before the problem was advertised .

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
Took mine in for something else without an appt. Was out an hour later. This was about a month before I actually got the mail from HD.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Stopped by the stealer to see how over-booked they were for the recall work.
The guy behind the counter said they were waiting on the switches.
I didn't think to ask if they had run out or if they never had any to begin with.
Anyway, I added my name to the list.
They should be calling when they get them in.

Has anybody else run into this?

HSP
Called them a month ago to have this done and they said they had none. Walked in late last week and they first said that I could put my name on a list and they would call me. Then the Service Manager walked by and said "let me see what I can do" I have an appointment Thursday to get it completed. They may have some, it just seems they don't have enough to satisfy everyone.

·
Registered
6,675 Posts
Switch Recall

The dealer keeps telling me it will be about 2 weeks, that was 6 weeks ago.

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Now for some fact about the switches.
Every dealer was shipped an allotment of the replacement switches.
Once they used those up the next shipments had to be ordered for an owners bike.
In other words dealer X was sent say 50 awitches they had to use those up in order to get more once the 50 were installed on bikes any more they need had to be ordered for the bike they were to be installed on.
The reasons was to stop a few dealers for hording them. Also not every owner goes back to the dealer the purchased the bike from.
My dealer had already called my week before it was all over the net. They called me the day the first ones came in. Did the swap right away they wanted to get the first shipment used up right away so they could order more if needed.
Sounds to me like one you need to make a few phone calls and maybe find a more proactive dealer.

·
HD Parts Expert
956 Posts
Now for some fact about the switches.
Every dealer was shipped an allotment of the replacement switches.
Once they used those up the next shipments had to be ordered for an owners bike.
In other words dealer X was sent say 50 awitches they had to use those up in order to get more once the 50 were installed on bikes any more they need had to be ordered for the bike they were to be installed on.
The reasons was to stop a few dealers for hording them. Also not every owner goes back to the dealer the purchased the bike from.
My dealer had already called my week before it was all over the net. They called me the day the first ones came in. Did the swap right away they wanted to get the first shipment used up right away so they could order more if needed.
Sounds to me like one you need to make a few phone calls and maybe find a more proactive dealer.
I'm on like my fifth or sixth shipment of switches from H-D. Haven't had to order any yet as they are not done with wave shipments. Can't place an order for recall kits till they are done with their wave shipments. I got just shy of 50 instock and got notification today that H-D is shipping me another 16 switches.

The dealers that are out of the kits are either knocking them out at a crazy fast rate or you guys might be kinda getting blown off since the claim doesn't pay shit.

We are probably doing at least 10 recalls a day and still haven't run out of kits.

·
Registered
753 Posts
I am waiting until I get back home before I get this done. I have had my fair share of German Dealers!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Looks like Im fortunate to not be included in the recall...:D

·
Registered
36 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I got mine three weeks before the notice arrived in the mail. It took an hour to get replaced. The service writer told me I got the last one and he didn`t know when more were coming.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts