Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I put the Kuryakyn blinker and license plate holder on the back...it's bugging me that half of the emblem is showing...I need something black to cover it up...I've searched but come up with nothing. Guess if worst comes to worst I'll get a black piece of vinyl and cut a piece out or something. Anyone know of a piece or a vendor that sells something made for this spot?

·
Registered
646 Posts
mask around the area,scuff the metal ,just to remove any grease,road film or wax.prime with primer used on metal.paint and clear coat.i used a rattle can on my fender ext,worked great.the fender badge is out of the way so should be fine.

·
Registered
893 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Try this

Get yourself a piece of fishing line. Work it under the emblem and saw back and forth. It should peel right off. Then deal with the sticky two sided tape left behind. You will have that rivet head to deal with but it won't look as bad as half an emblem.
Cheers!

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ahhh good info. Should be easier than I thought.

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
7,119 Posts
HD also recommends waxed dental floss to remove emblems. I used the floss to remove the emblems on the gas tank and it worked great and only about $2 at Wally World.

·
Shark of the Month October 13
7,897 Posts
HD also recommends waxed dental floss to remove emblems. I used the floss to remove the emblems on the gas tank and it worked great and only about $2 at Wally World.
So are you supposed to floss first and then remove the emblem, or do the emblem removal first?

·
Registered
7,238 Posts
That worked out well right there.
Swomack
Yeah it does. This is actually the cvo fairing medallion which has a slight grey color. I resent changed it out with another skull I got from a dealer that's slightly larger and chrome

·
Registered
7,119 Posts
So are you supposed to floss first and then remove the emblem, or do the emblem removal first?
It is always better for you to use the floss first, a lot less grit that way.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Did the dental floss trick and it came right off....couldn't have been easier. A little Goof Off and the adhesive residue came right off. Looks MUCH improved. Probably see if I can source a black plug eventually and hot glue it in of something to finish it off...but I'm happy for now.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts