Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys and gals. First time post. Can anyone recommend where I might be able to get a set of Mutazu lower fairings painted to match my ride? I just traded my 08 Ultra for a 2015 RG in Mysterious Red Sunglo. Really like the RG, but miss the lowers. It seems almost impossible to find them painted to match. Not interested in paying the local HD shop top $$ for factory color matched. Already played that game for the TP.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I can't help out with your question as I've not gotten lowers yet myself, but if you mention your location you may get more responses. Several others on this forum have done what you're wanting to do.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
I too have the Mysterious Red Sunglow RG. I bought the lowers from Mutazu and then bought a quart of the 3 part paint from Harley (looked everywhere and Harley ended up cheaper than anyone, weird.) Anyway, have enough paint to do the whole bike if I wanted too. Gonna buy a tour pak and paint that too. Next week it will get painted and I'll post the outcome.

·
Registered
330 Posts
There is a guy who does the inner fairings, maybe you could contact him and ship him your lowers and he could paint them up the next time he is in the booth. I can't remember his name, but I think it is Paul. Somebody will help me out here.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Adding up the cost of factory lowers vs Matazu (with the paint, hardware, etc) Your only saving a couple hundred. It sounds like pretty good savings but factor you just bought a pair of fairings you cut 2.5in out of, hope the paint matches, suddenly the peace of mind on factory lowers that fit out of the box & more then likely match, doesn't seem so bad cost wise.

·
Registered
4,302 Posts
depending on the paint, it can actually cost more to do the paint (esp. if you aren't a painter, which by your post you aren't, or if you don't know a painter. again, sounds like you don't). if you want to get perfectly matched lowers for your bike, go with the hd. if you don't want to pay your local dealer's prices (who does?), then contact pcpain here on the forum. best discounts and service around.

[email protected]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts