Road Glide banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just posted a note that a couple we were riding with yesterday crashed after hitting a hole on the Blue Ridge Parkway. Our bike bottomed out badly on the lip going onto the same bridge that caused their wreck.

We do just general cruising, wife often on the back - no hot-dogging. Any thoughts about the best recommendation for a suspension change just to handle these kinds of bumps, etc better???

All thoughts & recommendations appreciated in advance!

Ron

·
Registered
8,384 Posts
I had Ohlins on my old bike and really liked them. They offer good adjustments for the way one rides; single or two up and pretty easy to adjust for either.

·
Registered
2021 Ducati Multistrada V4S
4,476 Posts
I run Ohlins and love the ride and range of adjustment. Plenty of choices out there but don't think anything out there is any better. Can't go wrong with Ohlins in my opinion.

Also, in response for the reason that you are looking to upgrade. I hit a bad seem in the road on I-295 North of Jacksonville right where the bridge starts over I-95 with the stock shocks on my old bike. I was running about 70-75 and the shocks bottomed out and I thought I was going down. Luckily I didn't go down but my lower back took the shock and I was in sad shape for about the next 3 or 4 days. Not long after that I upgraded to the Ohlins and that was the 1st place I went to test them out. It was still a noticeable bump in the road but was not painful at all let alone no where close to throwing me off the bike. So the idea of upgrading your suspension to make it safer is ABSOLUTLY the right way to go. Just my 2 cents.... Good luck!

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys for the responses. Good info.

Ron

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.