Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am 6'6" tall, wide shoulders, need/want wider bars. I've got forward controls through the crash bars, tallboy seat, yet the bars feel vary narrow and uncomfortable. I've ridden with cruise on and placed my hands in various locations. I'm happy with the height/pull back, would like bars 3 to 4 inches wider.
Guys, any ideas or suggestions/recommendations?

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
I am 6'6" tall, wide shoulders, need/want wider bars. I've got forward controls through the crash bars, tallboy seat, yet the bars feel vary narrow and uncomfortable. I've ridden with cruise on and placed my hands in various locations. I'm happy with the height/pull back, would like bars 3 to 4 inches wider.
I really like my Yaffie monkey bars, nice angle and you can go as high as state allows, just my 2.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Carlini gangster apes. 41 in wide.

·
Registered
416 Posts
One of them opened ended questions like "Which exhaust to put on my bike"...

My opinion is research the thread on "Controls and Handlebars, I think there was like 39 pages of bar upgrades.

For my taste, I went with the BR's custom bars, Custom made to your taste, Rise, width and pullback in various size materials. I loved the Carlini bars(Pist Apes) but thet were not available in 1 1/2" bars. I like the meaty look w/o the meat hooks like the Yaffee's. Ordered the Bent Ape Breaters in 1 1/2 Show Chrome with new +4 Hyd Lines.

There are bars for you out there, but need to determine your needs, Good Luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts