Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hit a big bump on the way in today. After that the red key light came on and the left signal will not flash but is illuminated front adn rear and the rear still works for brakes. I am assuming that a wire from the left signal is either grounding out or has come loose (more likely is loose) as everything else still works.

I have the CD Dynamic Rings with a load equalizer. I will check that first as it is the simplest to get to. Anyone else had this issue and if so what was the source of the issue?

I really don't want to take off the fairing for a turn signal.

Thanks,

Drew

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
2,338 Posts
That bike is cursed. Did you lose your gremlin bell?

·
Registered
6,925 Posts
You may have the left front turn signal wire shorting out. This wire can short out and cause turn signal malfunction without blowing a fuse I know this because it has happened to me.
Just pull the turn signal out and see if there is a bare spot on the wiring right where the wires go inside the fairing. You do not need to pull the fairing to check this.
While the turn signal is out and hanging check to see if the turn signal function returns if it does then there is a short even though you can't see a bare wire. If the turn signal still doesn't work you may have a broken wire and you may need to remove the fairing to do further testing or do the repair.
If your key light is still not working right try pulling the main fuse for a few minutes and then put it back in this will re-boot the ECM.

·
Premium Member
3,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm gonna pop another bulb in first to verify that it is the wiring and not the bulb. thanks for the info Mark, I'll check that out if need be. I'll have to check and make sure my bell is still there as well.

I file this under one problem sometimes leads to another. ;)

·
Premium Member
3,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mark, it was exactly what you said. After I checked all load equalizer connections, rear signal, etc, I pulled the front signal and moved it around. After a few minutes it started to work. I didn't see any breaks in the sheathing so I slid it back in and reattached and tested again. All good. I hit a bit pot hole the other morning and I think that is when this happened. Next time I take the fairing off I will investigate further but all is well. I don't riding without signals in city traffic.

Drew

·
Registered
542 Posts
Pinched mine too. Mine blew the fuse.

·
Registered
6,925 Posts
Glad you got the problem located and the turn signal is functioning. Check it out better when you take off the outer next time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts