Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While installing a load equalizer, I accidentally unplugged the security system wire and the all hell broke loose with the siren going off. I got the alarm to shutoff by turning the ignition knob on wnd off. However, now the red key icon stays lit all the time, even when I am riding it. Is there a way to fix this? If someone could message me or post a reply, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

·
Administrator
10,504 Posts
sounds like you need to reset the TSSM , aint got it in front of me but it involves cycling the ignition switch and turn signals , someone may know or I'm shure google knows how

JtB

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
if your security light stays on for a prolonged period of time, if you have changed your battery or disconnected your battery when fitting components such as LED turns & if you have fitted LED turns without a load equalizer, you will need to reprogram your OEM Module.

text in red below step procedure is confirmation of action, always wait for confirmation before hitting the next step:

step # 1. move handle bar kill switch to off position

step # 2. turn your ignition key: on-off, on-off then on

step # 3. hit the left turn signal twice.
your turn signals and indicator light will flash 1 - 3 flashes

step # 4. hit the right turn signal once.
turn signals and indicator light will flash once.

step # 5. hit the right turn signal once.
turn and indicator signals will flash twice.

step # 6. hit right turn signal once.
turn and indicator signals will flash three times.

step # 7. hit left turn signal once.
turn and indicator signals flash to indicate error code

step # 8. to now clear codes, hit left turn signal and hold down for 6 seconds until confirmation.
turn and indicator signals flash twice.

step # 9. turn the ign switch to off

·
Registered
671 Posts
And you shake it all about,

You do the hokey pokey
and you turn yourself around
That what it's all about.

Sorry folks.. Just one of those days..

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Okay, I did the turn signal thing and all it did was display my alarm PIN on the odometer, does the fact that I have a Thundermaxx autotuner make a difference?

·
Registered
7,287 Posts
The TMax can cause it to light up. That's one of the quirks of having a TMax. I have a TMax and it does the same for me. If you can, just ignore it as long as you know your turn signals and alarm is functioning properly and you have a good battery in your fob.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the input

Wish I could ignore it, but I can't. Seems that this issue started once I switched to LED directionals.

·
Registered
168 Posts
The TMax can cause it to light up. That's one of the quirks of having a TMax. I have a TMax and it does the same for me. If you can, just ignore it as long as you know your turn signals and alarm is functioning properly and you have a good battery in your fob.

Seriously? Is this TMax's take on the situation?

·
Registered
7,287 Posts
I can't say that's TMax philosophy but that how I see it and deal with it. But that problem can be caused by installing certain LED turn signals as well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts