Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. Hope someone can chime in and give there thoughts.
Went for a ride today and about 50 miles in the red key light comes on. Stopped and checked on things,shut the bike down. Started back up and continued on my way, all good, light off. 20 miles down the road red key light back on. This time no right blinker. Stop and get gas, and all is working again. Decided to head back towards home and the left blinker stopped working, red key light back on. I do have all custom dynamics led lights. Had them for 3 or 4 years. Bike is a 2011. I’m thinking it could be a bad load equalizer. I haven’t checked the codes yet. Thoughts anyone. Thanks

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Exactly what happened to my much older glider, I have Custom dynamics front and rears, even tail light....My load equalizer rubbed through one wire and thru the red key light....Bike ride fine back home til I removed and found the pinched wire....Replaced and all good.....Good luck.

Reactions: geo8866 and madmat

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. I did check the codes this morning, B1121,1122,1123,1124 also B1006, 1007. Checked battery connection was fine. Pulled all the LEDs and put a little dielectric on. Checked all the wire leading to and from turn signals all looked fine. Last thing I did was replace the load equalizer. I will run and get new fob battery in the morning. Going to go for a ride tomorrow and see how things work. I’ll keep you posted. Thanks again guys.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
A bad load equaliser usually gives a fast flashing on the LED indicators.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, so I cleared all the codes after installing the new load equalizer. B1006 andB1007 stilled stayed after running the bike. I checked the battery, 12.5 volts. Started the bike it didn’t drop at all. Checked at 2000 rpms 14.30 volts. Cleared codes again and went for a ride. Maybe 20 miles, all seemed fine, no red key light. I don’t know. Will go riding again in a day or so.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok,So just a update on the red key light. Went for a ride, Friday,Saturday 400 miles. Bike ran perfect. So as I said in my earlier post. The only thing I did was replace the load equalizer. Problem solved. Thanks all

1 - 8 of 8 Posts