Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I changed the battery on my 2016 RG and after the change out the red light is on and I have no brake lights. Running lights work and blinkers work. Cruise control doesn't work. It does have LED's installed. It is giving me a code for ECM, BCM, and speedometer. It cranks and runs fine. Is there a reset that can be done or could low battery in fob cause the issue...I'm lost on this deal.

·
Registered
521 Posts
i think that a run with the DIGITAL TECHNICIAN at dealership will fix the issue. it is possible that the BCM memory connection went lost.
with DT they will be able to troubleshoot the codes as well

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Cruise control probably does not work because the brake lights so not work. Double check your work and inspect your fuses first. You say red light is on, what red light?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cruise control probably does not work because the brake lights so not work. Double check your work and inspect your fuses first. You say red light is on, what red light?
The red light that is on the speedometer next to the cruise light

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
The weather is still pretty shitty here in Illinois so I have not been on my bike long enough in recent days to have memorized what red light is next to the cruise light on the speedometer. Maybe a picture, is it the battery light?

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
The weather is still pretty shitty here in Illinois so I have not been on my bike long enough in recent days to have memorized what red light is next to the cruise light on the speedometer. Maybe a picture, is it the battery light?

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
No I didnt...
I'm thinking that might be what caused the issue. Assuming that everything went correctly with the battery and all the cables got back where they belong.

You might try turning it on and pulling the main. Give it a few minutes and put it back in, see what happens.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No I didnt...
I'm thinking that might be what caused the issue. Assuming that everything went correctly with the battery and all the cables got back where they belong.

You might try turning it on and pulling the main. Give it a few minutes and put it back in, see what happens.
I'll give that a try and see what it does..thanks

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Update: I unplugged the main fuse and nothing changed...I went in and cleared all the codes and everything cleared but the front blinker lights and rear taillights from the Bcm...after talking to my local harley shop he seems to think that a brake light switch has gone out since everything works as it should except brake lights are on all the time...maybe that was an issue before the battery change and I just didn't catch it on my short rides to town...I've learned to never underestimate my stupidity...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts