Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've decided on the bars, now I have to decide on a color. I can't make up my mind whether to go with flat black or flat red. I would like to see some pics if anyone has any bars in RED. My 2012 is the denim black w/ red pin and was thinking I'd do something a bit different.

· Registered
2021 Ducati Multistrada V4S
4,525 Posts
I would choose a couple of other parts to PC Red like the bars and do a gloss Red against the Denim Black. It might not look right to do just the bars but that's just my opinion. :D

· Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Powercoater says he can powder coat them red for $40. When I asked about flat red, he said he could do it by using a flat clear coat, but it would cost another $80.

Is he full of it?

· Registered
2,456 Posts
Powercoater says he can powder coat them red for $40. When I asked about flat red, he said he could do it by using a flat clear coat, but it would cost another $80.

Is he full of it?
Don't think so.....Having a coating biz myself- Flat clears are more expensive than basic RAL colors and not a lot of call for them so I'm sure he has upcharged you for having to to buy something special.... I know I would.... Have to cure the original color- then hit w/ clear & then re-cure....shit takes time & running ovens ain't cheap.
I try & use mostly single stage powders w/ a UV aditive already in for color fastness, however when I have parts that require double or tripple stage- I double or triple my fees too......It's that or loose $$$$ and you woudn't do that as an owner either......

· Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Don't think so.....Having a coating biz myself- Flat clears are more expensive than basic RAL colors and not a lot of call for them so I'm sure he has upcharged you for having to to buy something special.... I know I would.... Have to cure the original color- then hit w/ clear & then re-cure....shit takes time & running ovens ain't cheap.
I try & use mostly single stage powders w/ a UV aditive already in for color fastness, however when I have parts that require double or tripple stage- I double or triple my fees too......It's that or loose $$$$ and you woudn't do that as an owner either......
Understood. Thanks!

· Registered
4,416 Posts
Neat idea. I would have never thought of running another color than the bike color. Good job in being different! Post pics on what you decide.

P.s. I never look at the cost of a project. I think what will make me happy - with in reason of course. If you said $ 300 to powder coat, then I would say black it is!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.