Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help me understand if I should pick red or smoked lenses for my road glide ultra.

I have the smoked tour pak rack lens, and I have the tour pak side lenses and tribar light in smoked, but I’ll resell these or maybe some type of combination looks good? I always went smoked, but I’ve never had a red bike and now I’m having second thoughts. Before I start replacing turn signals and the brake lights I should make up my mind lol.

take note all the bag chrome is coming off in favor of a black saddle bag guard.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Smokem if you have them, and if not gettum.

Haha! Now the million dollar question, keep the tour pack led red? It’s $500 for smoked Harley one and CD doesn’t make them for the older bikes.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Haha! Now the million dollar question, keep the tour pack led red? It’s $500 for smoked Harley one and CD doesn’t make them for the older bikes.
Do you really need the red? If not, wrap it! I did the same on one of my cages and it looks real nice. They also make spray tint if you wanted to try that.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do you really need the red? If not, wrap it! I did the same on one of my cages and it looks real nice. They also make spray tint if you wanted to try that.
I don’t need the red, never thought of spray tint or wrapping it. Have you seen any examples?

·
Registered
74 Posts
I don’t need the red, never thought of spray tint or wrapping it. Have you seen any examples?
Here is what I did on the back of my G550 - I wrapped the reflectors (bottom of bumper) and backup lights in the center of the taillights (after pic was taken). Very easy! I made a cardboard template and traced it onto the gloss black film, which you can get from APA for $1 each (4x8" samples).

IMG_0623.JPG

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
I prefer smoked lenses as well.

·
Registered
41 Posts
It all boils down to personal choice, but since you're looking for input I think smoked is the way to go. I've been adding lights and replacing lenses as time and budget permits.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I’m not automatically all-in on smoke colored lenses every time, but still think they’re a good look depending on the exact bike and owner’s preference. The look is a bit more low profile and sleek. I went with them on our latest ride which is a 2020 RGL custom:

F2249C49-5EAE-4D15-9E79-FAFC838FA4A8.jpeg

·
Registered
84 Posts
20161030_175512.jpg
20161030_175529.jpg
Smoked for the win! I did front & rear turn signals and the tail lamp on my '02 Electra Glide, and the bike was dark Red, and it looked Awesome. I did the LED's with smoked lenses and the brightness was incredible but the best thing was when you applied the brakes. No way you couldn't be seen...👍
As you may have guessed, this was my Halloween decorated Harley! Lol.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I’m not automatically all-in on smoke colored lenses every time, but still think they’re a good look depending on the exact bike and owner’s preference. The look is a bit more low profile and sleek. I went with them on our latest ride which is a 2020 RGL custom:

View attachment 420329
Beautiful bike! The dark grays, blacks, and dark blues smoked lenses are an easy decision. This red makes it interesting.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You guys are awesome!! I really like the earlier idea of painting the housing. That seems like it would really clean things up. Are there any order ones 9-13 that have had this done?

·
Registered
84 Posts
I love that blue Ford ran! Eventually took the bumper off, too. Looks a lot cleaner, imo
Wow much better without! I love the way taking the tour packs off make these bikes look 100% bad-ass. I love the Blue, worked for Ford since 1990, and that two-tone Grey looks hella sweet, beautiful scoot Mhenry1282 you should be proud Sir. Happy Thanksgiving........Kevin.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks, I loved that bike. 3 years, almost to the day, and 40k miles with no issues. Just traded it in on a rgs almost 2 months ago.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts