Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
I ordered one over a year ago and never got anything but charged from this site. Knew it was to good to be true
Liquid Font Audio equipment Material property Gas

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
I’ve got a Reda Can. Been using it (for friends bikes, never for mine) for over 10 years. Good insurance.

·
Administrator
2008 FLTRU 105th Anniversary w/ 110"
4,510 Posts
I've been waiting for these, a friend leant me one of his until I could buy him a new one. I'll check my Harley dealer, as someone on Amazon is trying to ask $123 for one up here in Canada.

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
great product !! Just be sure not to fill while its inside the bag :mad: just saying
And it’s not a full gallon, but .9 of a gallon. It wI’ll overf if filled to a gallon.

·
Registered
7,866 Posts
If you run out of gas, sell all your vehicles...nuff said!
Good thing I didn't hear this advice when I was a teenager. Man, forgetting to put the petcock back on run after filling up and then the next time it coughs it is already on reserve! That was the only time I wished my bike was a 175cc enduro instead of a 750cc full dress touring bike. took a lot of effort to keep it balanced while pushing down the road. LOL! Happened a few times and even once in a truck that had two tanks. Forgot that I had already switched over to the second take.

Today, with fuel gauge, miles to empty, GPS showing where the nearest fuel is, You have to try pretty hard to run out of fuel.

·
Read Only
2,975 Posts
Good thing I didn't hear this advice when I was a teenager. Man, forgetting to put the petcock back on run after filling up and then the next time it coughs it is already on reserve! That was the only time I wished my bike was a 175cc enduro instead of a 750cc full dress touring bike. took a lot of effort to keep it balanced while pushing down the road. LOL! Happened a few times and even once in a truck that had two tanks. Forgot that I had already switched over to the second take.

Today, with fuel gauge, miles to empty, GPS showing where the nearest fuel is, You have to try pretty hard to run out of fuel.
Exactly! It's on purpose if you do! LOL

·
Premium Member
22 Road Glide
222 Posts
Wow, 300 miles to a tank. Thats impressive.
That little gallon container would really come in handy out west. High speed limits with long distances between towns and fuel stops, it will get used.
Everytime I think of the last time I ran out of gas, Hotel California goes through my mind. “On a dark desert Hiway, cool wind in my hair” LOL.
Riding in the Kactus Kilo rally, and almost made it to Yuma on HWY 8……almost. My planned fuel stop had fresh concrete around the pumps. Got to admit that was the most expensive 2 gallons of gas I ever bought. Now I have a 6 liter Desert Fox bladder that I take on trips to unknown areas.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Man, forgetting to put the petcock back on run after filling up and then the next time it coughs it is already on reserve!
Ah! The good o'l days - TTGOD - Gotta love it.

·
Administrator
4,510 Posts
If you run out of gas, sell all your vehicles...nuff said!
When I was 16 and driving around the back roads, far away from anyone, I ran my little Chevy Sprint empty. I had to walk a few miles to a pay phone at a very old and abandoned gas station, with only two quarters in my hand. First call - my Father.....he answers, thank God. I tell him what happened and then ask if he can help me? My Father, being the Irishman that he was, replied, "Ai, son, I can help. Listen here. It costs just as much money to fill the top half of the tank as it does the bottom half." - and then he hung up on me. WTF? Next call, my friend answered and a few hours later I was back on the road.

Lesson learned since that day and I either fill my cars up at 1/2 tank (especially around here where accidents can shut down the highway for 5-10 hours due to an accident and the temps are freezing) or, when road tripping on my bike, I carry an extra gallon with me 'just in case'.

·
Read Only
2,975 Posts
When I was 16 and driving around the back roads, far away from anyone, I ran my little Chevy Sprint empty. I had to walk a few miles to a pay phone at a very old and abandoned gas station, with only two quarters in my hand. First call - my Father.....he answers, thank God. I tell him what happened and then ask if he can help me? My Father, being the Irishman that he was, replied, "Ai, son, I can help. Listen here. It costs just as much money to fill the top half of the tank as it does the bottom half." - and then he hung up on me. WTF? Next call, my friend answered and a few hours later I was back on the road.

Lesson learned since that day and I either fill my cars up at 1/2 tank (especially around here where accidents can shut down the highway for 5-10 hours due to an accident and the temps are freezing) or, when road tripping on my bike, I carry an extra gallon with me 'just in case'.
Like the old mans answer! LOL...not sure how old you are, when i was 16 things were similar...the middle 70's, today, totally different and with gas stations sometimes 4 on a corner every mile, in town let alone a bike that gets close to 300 a tank, i got no excuse. i dont believe in topping off nor do i believe anyone should get gas until a 1/4 tank except for a motorcycle. Currently i am witnessing long lines due to people topping off with 5 to 10 gallons, max...no need. the gas will not cost more "later"...its akin to the toilet paper run that no one seems to have even a remotely plausible explanation. Unsolved mysteries wouldnt touch that i imagine. But to gas, even on our trips, i have never even come close to running out...my buddy did but thats a story in itself, he kept driving by stations...

·
Administrator
4,510 Posts
Like the old mans answer! LOL...not sure how old you are, when i was 16 things were similar...the middle 70's, today, totally different and with gas stations sometimes 4 on a corner every mile, in town let alone a bike that gets close to 300 a tank, i got no excuse. i dont believe in topping off nor do i believe anyone should get gas until a 1/4 tank except for a motorcycle. Currently i am witnessing long lines due to people topping off with 5 to 10 gallons, max...no need. the gas will not cost more "later"...its akin to the toilet paper run that no one seems to have even a remotely plausible explanation. Unsolved mysteries wouldnt touch that i imagine. But to gas, even on our trips, i have never even come close to running out...my buddy did but thats a story in itself, he kept driving by stations...
Geography creates different needs, that's all. My Province is larger than all of California plus some of: Oregon, Arizona, and Nevada yet only has 5 million people. Let's just say there are vast areas where people and gas stations are far and few between. Ever see any threads on people asking about Alaska motorbike trip advice? One thing you will always see mentioned - fill up anytime you can because who knows when you'll see your next station. The way my bike chugs fuel, I start looking at 300km, not miles.

Map World Atlas Parallel Screenshot

·
Premium Member
2010 FLTRX, 96 No Mo, Plain Jane
1,413 Posts
Well I've had my bike since it was new, knocking on wood, the Road Glide has never left me on the side of the road or any reason. The farthest we have ridden was from Galveston to French Town, Motanna. My tour Glide, is a whole horse of a different color, thank God for full coverage insurance!!! My Tour Glide has had to be towed 3 or 4 times!!!

Reactions: Zedbra

·
Premium Member
2021 Road Glide Special
273 Posts
So this is just for a little insurance? Let’s say I get 40mpg that should give me 240miles roughly (probably will get more MPG). If I plan my route correctly I should be good on gas stations. But having an extra 40 miles is just added insurance eh?

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
That’s exactly why I carry the Reda Can in my saddlebag. I carry Non-Ethanol 93 Octane with Sta-Bil fuel stabilizer. Especially when riding cross country.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I tried to find one of these last year around this time for my trip to NC-TN. My 04 has a 5 gallon tank and everyone with me had 6. And if you remember the pipeline hack happened and we were headed right into the area that had the gas shortages.
I found a 1 gallon that fit (not as well).
we did see stations without fuel but there was always something within a couple miles

1 - 20 of 40 Posts