Road Glide banner

REDA helmet lock

4K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  Glide08 
#1 ·
Okay here is something my riding buddy turned me on to and I think is pretty cool, thing lock has no keys or combos, just a cable with two balls the red one unscrews and you slide it thru the D rings on your helmet them place the red ball in the saddlebag or tourpak and close, now your helmet is secure, cool huh? I think so, and you can do two helmets also if you sit them right.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Same idea, made my own for about $2.00 for 18" of wire, one wire clamp, one end cap, some shrink wrap. Slide it through the D-ring and sit my helmet on the seat, close the other end back in the saddlebag. What's nice is you can use whatever length of wire you want to secure multiple helmets, jacket, even luggage.

Attachments

Reactions: madmat
#6 ·
My brother bought a couple at a rally and sent me one. They work well, but slightly less secure if the thief is committed. That can also be said for most helmet locks. I do like it!

That said, it doesn't work for my Schuberth helmet. It doesn't have the metal loop that straps go thru on other helmet designs.

#10 ·
My Shoei helmet is a ratchet strap, but got a 1" D-ring at the hardware store for .59 and installed it in the length adjustment loop

Reactions: RGBav
#12 ·
Maybe so but now you have an insurance claim worth the deductible, to replace the TP. For those FF helmets with ratchet straps, just run the cable through the chin bar thru the visor cutout! duh!

Reactions: Road dawg
#13 ·
Most people see a few Harleys parked in one area and think twice, grabbing a lid is vile, but if its just sitting there some moron will try it sometimes, but with a cable attached and people around your gonna get your wig split! even if it was not my bike i would be like what the fu$* are you doing dipshit!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.