Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took the advice of some on this forum and at my 1000 mile service changed my transmission oil to Redline with "shock proof". I usually do not buy into snake oil hype, but I can tell a difference for the better in shifting and finding neutral is much easier.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I took the advice of some on this forum and at my 1000 mile service changed my transmission oil to Redline with "shock proof". I usually do not buy into snake oil hype, but I can tell a difference for the better in shifting and finding neutral is much easier.
Good decision

·
Registered
87 Posts
I have used Redline shockproof in my '03 King for years with great results. Noticeable difference in shifting and finding neutral like mentioned above. I haven't switch the '15 RGS over to the good stuff yet, but it should be due by miles by next weekend (5k dealer did the 1K.)

·
Registered
87 Posts
Thanks for the info and the link! I almost ordered the same pack for almost $50 more from another website. I was considering the 20-60 also so I'm glad to hear others are having good results. Ordering for both bikes this weekend.

I use 20-60 year round , go to

racerpartswholesale

they have 'powerpacks' in either 20-50 or 20-60 with trans and primary fluid

JtB

·
Registered
196 Posts
I just had my 5000 mile service done from my indy before my trip out to Tennessee and he put the redline with shock proof in the tranny. Personally I can not tell a big difference. It may shift into neutral a little better but it is still pretty loud shifting up. Maybe a little quieter down shifting.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I just had my 5000 mile service done from my indy before my trip out to Tennessee and he put the redline with shock proof in the tranny. Personally I can not tell a big difference. It may shift into neutral a little better but it is still pretty loud shifting up. Maybe a little quieter down shifting.
I thought the same thing, a little easier finding neutral, but shifting is about the same.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Is there much of a difference between the 20/50 and the 20/60? I'm not sure which one to go with for my 1,000 mile change

·
Super Moderator
9,599 Posts
Not really .. In the long run, the 60 is a bit better for higher ambient temperatures , and that's why I run it here in the southern oven , in the winter , I always let it idle for several minutes before I ride off with 20-60 , never any cold start issues ..

I've had excellent used oil analysis that I posted here , where they said to go for 8000 miles ..

JtB

·
Registered
5 Posts
I switched to the shockproof at the 1000mi service and the 1st gear clunk is gone, its easier to find neutral and its seems smoother shifting through the gears

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have run @10,000 mile with the redline shock proof. I noticed that it shifts smoother and 5th is much quieter. I'm sticking with this product in my bike.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Did the switch to redline this weekend at 1,000 miles. Very smooth shifting now and super easy to find neutral. Noticeable difference over the factory fluids.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Redline Shockproof trans fluid is good stuff. I have used this for the past 15,000 miles and like others have said the trans was both quieter and smoother shifting.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts