Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any body have a Zipper's Redshift 587 cam in a 110? or a Wood TW222 in a 110? - I know -another cam question!?!? I ride between 2500 & 4500 almost all the time and cruise about 3000 most of the time. I'm riding a 2009 FLTRSE3 and will have Rinehart 2 into 1 and a power vision tuner. Thank you

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
I had a 222 in my 2012 with the 103 and it left me wishing I cammed it more. It was a nice boost over stock but sadly did not feel like enough. It will probably fall very short in a 110. I know nothing of the other cam in question. Not sure what kind of results you are looking for but this was my experience.

·
Registered
6,650 Posts
I had the Woods 222 in my 103 and I loved them, they provided tons of low end torque which is perfect for a touring model that may be used for 2 up riding or touring with a lot of gear. The correct tune on the bike with the 222 cams is important. You will get a lot of low end grunt and the top end doesn't fall off until you get around 5300 rpms if I remember right. Can't say anything about the other cam I never used it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for the info - I am looking for lots of torque at low RPMs so the wood tw222 would probably be great. The redshift 587 has a little more duration and a little more lift and is supposed to be custom made for cvo 110s. I'm not a hot rodder but I do like to accelerate briskly on occasion. The only other concern is if I ever get bored down the road and decide to go with a 117 kit , head work ,throttle body, injectors etc. - It never ends. Thank you again for the input!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts