Road Glide banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a good experience with a reduced reach/pull clutch lever on the Hyd. Clutch of a 2015+ RoadGlide? My wife is a tall lady 6' 0" but still has a hard time reaching/getting a good pull on the stock clutch lever?

We just tried HogLeveradge
https://www.hogleverage.com/ and to be honest for the price of $150 for one lever it has to be the worst solution ever! She made me remove it after her first test ride! I drove it and... Yea! It sucks! If you adjust it down closer to the grip to get a closer reach it removes ALL of the friction zone. The bike jumps and starts moving with just a slight release of less than 1/8" inch or less! I almost dumped it...

To add salt to a wound I had her call Hog Leverage and ask for return/refund instructions and the guy gave her a hard time not wanting to return it. If your considering one, Don't!

Anyone know of other options?
Thinking of maybe buying another stock lever off ebay and trying to bend it. I once had one on a dirt bike with an interesting curve on the end after a crash! Actually loved it! lol

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
i don't have a 2015, but this is not the experience that i had at all on my 2013. the friction zone should not change at all, only where in the clutch travel that the friction point starts/stops.

what setting did you have yours at? there are 6 different settings. i have mine on 3 and it's about perfect for me.

·
Registered
4,833 Posts
I have had good luck with the oberon clutch lever. Mine works well on 3.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Lot of options for the 2015 in adjustable levers and lower prices. The 2017 and up had a cyl change so only one company makes them now for the 2017 and up.
Adjustable lever works for many because when adjusted to change engagement point the first bit you pull lever in has no friction at all.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i don't have a 2015, but this is not the experience that i had at all on my 2013. the friction zone should not change at all, only where in the clutch travel that the friction point starts/stops.

what setting did you have yours at? there are 6 different settings. i have mine on 3 and it's about perfect for me.
She wanted it at the closest position. Not sure what number that is but as soon as you started to release the bike jumps forward.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
well, yeah. that would be #1 (there is a small window that you can see the numbers stamped). 6 is stock. at 1, the lever is 1-1/2 inch away from the grip.

if you still have the lever, try 3. seems to be the sweet spot for many. at that setting, you can still start your bike in gear with the lever pulled in. at 1, i don't think you'll be getting full disengagement at the clutch, ever.

Reactions: madmat

·
Registered
371 Posts
Don't know about everyone else; but on my Oberon's no matter what position the adjustment knob/cam is in, the inner lever does not move and maintains the same contact with the cylinder piston actuator in all positions.

It disengages the clutch master cylinder the same no matter what adjustment setting the lever is on.

I like mine. They solved a major issue for me. The actual feel of the lever's surface could be a bit smoother, but...

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
I have the Oberon lever on my 2018, set on 2. That works for me. About the only thing I do not like about it is the lever length. It is shorter than the stock lever and I can only get 3 fingers on it. Since I got it when I got the bike, that was a significant change from my 2009 with the Cable. I suppose I'll get used to it at some point. It does make a difference with the friction point. As mentioned, it does not move it on the hydraulic side, but the adjust-ability moves it closer. Now my fingers are not as extended at the friction point as they were with the stock lever.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Soft Brake.com Sells Reduced Reach Levers An Ext.Brake Pedals.I got a Reduced reach Clutch Lever for my 18 RGS.It puts your reach about an inch closer.I think it was about $55 with exchange.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Oberon system of adjustment is different than ones you can get for 2016 and down. The Roland Sands ones use an adjustment screw system. And because they fit more years they are considerably lower cost. Had them on my 2016. It was when I tried to get one for my 2017 that I found out the master Cly was changed and only the Oberob would fit. At the time in Black the set was $149.
You can see where they adjust at. So it is important for those with 2016 and down to know they have more options.
This is the set I had on the 2016

·
Registered
307 Posts
Oberon clutch & brake levers were on the porch when I got home, had them on the bike within an hour. Can’t wait for the test run, but just from sitting on the bike and working them, the improvement in fit is HUGE. And need to mention, they look awesome. I purchased the black on black, and recently added the all black Harley Air-Flow grips. Very happy with the look.

·
Registered
247 Posts
well, yeah. that would be #1 (there is a small window that you can see the numbers stamped). 6 is stock. at 1, the lever is 1-1/2 inch away from the grip.

if you still have the lever, try 3. seems to be the sweet spot for many. at that setting, you can still start your bike in gear with the lever pulled in. at 1, i don't think you'll be getting full disengagement at the clutch, ever.
I like mine and 3 is the sweet spot. Hope you get this worked out. I'd give it another try using all the settings.
Bill

·
Registered
177 Posts
Probably been a thousand posters on here in the past year about the Oberon levers. At Least 90% like them, as do I. There are other, cheaper options, hope the OP finds something that works.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Oberon clutch & brake levers were on the porch when I got home, had them on the bike within an hour. Can’t wait for the test run, but just from sitting on the bike and working them, the improvement in fit is HUGE. And need to mention, they look awesome. I purchased the black on black, and recently added the all black Harley Air-Flow grips. Very happy with the look.
For what it’s worth.....an update. Thanks to daylight savings, I had time after getting home last evening to take the RGU out for a test of the new Oberon levers. I noted I could not start the engine when in gear with clutch in, but honestly I never tried it before installing these levers. Wish I would have thought about it, tried it on positions higher than #3 and still the same. Not a big deal to me. Performance of both of the levers on the #3 setting was just simply outstanding for me. Learned quickly to be ready when letting out clutch, love having that engagement within an inch of fully closed, instead of an inch (or less) from fully open. Shifting was a dream. Very pleased with the improvement, both in comfort and in function.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts