Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe this is stupid and I should know this? But, is there a way to reduce the amount of front (hand) brake lever travel such that it needs less of a squeeze (less distance in toward the grip) until full braking is reached? I feel like I can squeeze it basically almost all the way into the grip at this point.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Maybe this is stupid and I should know this? But, is there a way to reduce the amount of front (hand) brake lever travel such that it needs less of a squeeze (less distance in toward the grip) until full braking is reached? I feel like I can squeeze it basically almost all the way into the grip at this point.
What year bike? Id consider changing the fluid and bleeding them. that usually does what your looking for. brake fluid does need to be changed periodically.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's a brand new2015 FLTRXS bought from the Dealer less than a month ago. My previous FLTRX had similar break feel. I don't think there is anything wrong, just the way the break travel is. I just want it to be tighter.

·
Registered
208 Posts
It's a brand new2015 FLTRXS bought from the Dealer less than a month ago. My previous FLTRX had similar break feel. I don't think there is anything wrong, just the way the break travel is. I just want it to be tighter.
take it back t the dealer......... should be covered, my 2015 front brake is very responsive.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Do like the other guys have said take it back to the dealer. There could be some air in the front brake system which will make it feel spongy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts