Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get rid of the stock ugly red reflectors on my 19 RGS bags and the orange fork reflectors and replace them with a smoke black reflector ....has anyone done this? Can someone send me a link to where i can find something like this? Thanks Bros!

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
The fronts, just pull them off.

For the bag latches do an eBay search for black Harley latch reflectors. Just make sure they are for the new style bags.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
262 Posts
I want to get rid of the stock ugly red reflectors on my 19 RGS bags and the orange fork reflectors and replace them with a smoke black reflector ....has anyone done this? Can someone send me a link to where i can find something like this? Thanks Bros!
Most if us are buying them off eBay for around $8 for saddle bags. I was looking for a link to one's I bought but can't find seller.

As far as the forks go I haven't been able to find them either.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mike U

·
Premium Member
3,086 Posts
I bought the Klock Werks chrome saddlebag inserts that say "Special." To remove the reflectors, I used a heat gun and gradually pried the old ones off. . Then you pic out the excess glue that will be stuck in there. Klock Werks used to have a video on their website. I left my front ones on but I have heard people use fishing line to get them off.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Fishing line and hair dryer worked for me. Then more elbow grease to get the rest of the glue off. Wd40 helps.

As far as replacement ones, not sure. Like others said, eBay. Amazon.

Reactions: Mike U

·
Registered
238 Posts
Looks to me like the fork reflectors are the same size and shape of the bag deflectors, so you could use the ebay smoke colored bag reflectors on the forks if you want to replace front and rear.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Looks to me like the fork reflectors are the same size and shape of the bag deflectors, so you could use the ebay smoke colored bag reflectors on the forks if you want to replace front and rear.

Not even close. Plus the ones on the forks are curved on the back so the sit on the forks right.

Come to think of it I don’t think I’ve ever seen a bike in person that someone actually owned that had the front reflectors still.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Not even close. Plus the ones on the forks are curved on the back so the sit on the forks right.

Come to think of it I don’t think I’ve ever seen a bike in person that someone actually owned that had the front reflectors still.

I suppose if you really wanted to keep the front reflectors in smoke color you could take off the orange ones and fog them in flat back paint and clear and put them back on. Or use something similar that would tint them. But indeed most posts are about how to remove them. IF you masked them off well you might even be able to do it on the bike. Just thinking out loud.

·
Registered
30 Posts

What he said.....

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I suppose if you really wanted to keep the front reflectors in smoke color you could take off the orange ones and fog them in flat back paint and clear and put them back on. Or use something similar that would tint them. But indeed most posts are about how to remove them. IF you masked them off well you might even be able to do it on the bike. Just thinking out loud.

yeah i've just opted to take em off.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Does that mean I can take someone's Amber fork ones and put them on my Amber Whiskey bags?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Should have kept reading first. Sorry.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Does that mean I can take someone's Amber fork ones and put them on my Amber Whiskey bags?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Should have kept reading first. Sorry.
Did you not see the picture I posted right under the post that you are referencing? :nerd:

·
Registered
281 Posts
Tangentially, does any one make an LED light that replaces the bag reflectors? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts

Here’s a pic of the bag hinges that’ve been plasti-dipped. This is just the regular black plastidip, not the smoke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
That doesn't look bad at all. Matter of fact not even sure the smoked "reflectors" I put on my bags will actually even reflect. I hit them with a flashlight but they didn't seem to do anything.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Tangentially, does any one make an LED light that replaces the bag reflectors? Thanks.
That would be cool, but I don't think it would be practical. You'd have to drill and run wire. Not saying that it couldn't be done.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts