Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2010 FLTRX

my check engine light and battery icon has been coming on

replaced the battery with a battery plus duracell 400cca battery, stock oe battery 370cca

but that battery is having the same issues, slow drain, bike won't start around 10.6v, normal

checked the fuses, replaced a 30amp spare, started

would jump starting the bike off of a police cruiser mess up the VR?

or would speed shifting, very little clutch, crack the stator of pickup coil?

worth going to the dealer? any thoughts appreciated, thanks, duncan

·
Super Moderator
2,890 Posts
I don't have any answers for your dilemma, but I sure would be interested in hearing the background regarding jump starting off of a police cruiser. Pictures?

·
Registered
520 Posts
??? regulator?? on a meter they can look normal but hold the rpms up around 3800rpms and see if the needle jumps... or just replace it.. holy ship! they used to be a $50 piece... now $200+...

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
I don't have any answers for your dilemma, but I sure would be interested in hearing the background regarding jump starting off of a police cruiser. Pictures?
Back-Ground!???,...hehehe
Let me take a Stab at cha,...
Knew ya was gonna get incarsurated,....took off for a Nice Long Ride b4 the door slammed shut,... turned 'Urself' in when ya felt dam good and (Never) ready,....somehow , or anutr, hehehe-Got turned loose and bike wouldnt start!
then,....ghhhmmm!, Officer!?? could give me a Jump?

Nah!,...Really Duncan, SUP?!
Ya Cant Keep a Good Man Down Forever!

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
I think reds4 is the only one on here that can figure this out. I have been waiting patiently for him to bite since this thread started. So now I'll just ask :D.

Please help us Reds4.

·
Registered
4,161 Posts
Naw won't unless ya lit other end, yes your CBD could absorb the TCH which confuses direct contact with the ground dysfuction. So if ya cruising for police your visibility would attract the police jumping or not.

Easy multimeter check:rolleyes: ck reds2 only post on how to painlessly jump to ground

1 - 8 of 8 Posts