Road Glide banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, '16 RGS.... Volt Reg went south... Long story short, ended up getting two from different brands... Neither of which line up with the mounting studs on the bike. Hole spacing on both the replacements are too wide by approx 1/4". Anyone bumped into this before? I've replaced on several of my Harleys over the years and never bumped into this.

·
Administrator
13,736 Posts
Well if one is cycle electric it mounts in the two holes on the brace across the down tubes ..

look at pic in post #22

JtB

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The replacements are identical to the OE... Square Finned unit with two legs approx 4" long. Base of legs has 1/4" mounting holes that slide onto a pair of studs sticking up from bike. So regulator sits about 4" high I assume to allow air flow under it for oil cooler mounted in front of it. However, leg spacing on both replacements about 1/4" wider than OE so mounting holes don't line up. Yet, part description/cross reference #s match to OE.

Household supply Gas Font Cleanliness Rectangle

·
Registered
657 Posts
So, '16 RGS.... Volt Reg went south... Long story short, ended up getting two from different brands... Neither of which line up with the mounting studs on the bike. Hole spacing on both the replacements are too wide by approx 1/4". Anyone bumped into this before? I've replaced on several of my Harleys over the years and never bumped into this.
Same thing I encountered a while back (2017 or 18) on my ‘09. Ended up getting a OE reg, used and tested part, and returned the bogus fit reg.

·
Super Moderator
13,533 Posts
I recently work on a friends bike who bought one off Amazon, had a similar problem, got one from the dealership and it was a perfect fit. Sometimes the other places don’t get it quite right.

Reactions: Greg
1 - 6 of 6 Posts