Road Glide banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my faring off today and I always dread having to struggle when putting it back on. I decided to clean up the area around the hooks. I took some zip ties and pulled everything away from the hooks. I gently put the faring in place with no problem at all. 1 try and no hassles.

ebay photo upload

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sometimes you get lucky but it wasn't luck with me. I took it off this morning just to prove to myself that it was easy. It slipped in to the brackets my first try. As long as the faring is lined up properly there's nothing preventing it from getting to the hooks. Easy peasy. ...... This is my 4th Road Glide so perhaps I can chalk it up to experience. Either way, I'm glad I took the time to tie back all my wires.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Sometimes you get lucky but it wasn't luck with me. I took it off this morning just to prove to myself that it was easy. It slipped in to the brackets my first try. As long as the faring is lined up properly there's nothing preventing it from getting to the hooks. Easy peasy. ...... This is my 4th Road Glide so perhaps I can chalk it up to experience. Either way, I'm glad I took the time to tie back all my wires.
I totally agree! I've had mine off numerous times. Cleaning up the wires really helps. Another great tip is I sharpie marked the inner fairing just below the center wellnut mark and the sharpied a mark on the outside fairing. Really helps line things up. Line up the 2 marks, a slight lift and a push and should click in place. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Good tip!

I totally agree! I've had mine off numerous times. Cleaning up the wires really helps. Another great tip is I sharpie marked the inner fairing just below the center wellnut mark and the sharpied a mark on the outside fairing. Really helps line things up. Line up the 2 marks, a slight lift and a push and should click in place. Good luck!

·
Registered
336 Posts
Next time I take the fairing off, I think I'll try this! Amazing how many wires it takes to run everything on our bikes! When I installed new bars, what worked for me was removing the headlight bezel! This allowed me to see the hooks on the inside, and the notches on the outer fairing. First time go!

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Ive had mine off around 10 times in the last 2 weeks. Every once in awhile I can get lucky and nail it. But normally I just take the lights out so I can see the hooks. Stooopid hooks anyway.

·
Registered
2021 RGS
606 Posts
I'll have to agreee here. Had Paul do my inner fairing last Friday, looks great. Watched him zip tie all my crap behind the fairing up and away from hooks as best as possible. He then proceeded to slip the fairing on first shot, with no jostling it around. Of course he's only done it hundreds of times so experience helps, but I'm sure he is generous with the zip ties for a reason.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I had my faring off today and I always dread having to struggle when putting it back on. I decided to clean up the area around the hooks. I took some zip ties and pulled everything away from the hooks. I gently put the faring in place with no problem at all. 1 try and no hassles.

ebay photo upload
Do you have a set of daymakers? that's been my biggest problem when getting the fairing back on, also those light keep poppin loose and they just flop around in the headlight bezel.... :mad:

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Do you have a set of daymakers? that's been my biggest problem when getting the fairing back on, also those light keep poppin loose and they just flop around in the headlight bezel.... :mad:
I thought I was the only one. I've adjusted the top green tab, test fittest the headlights prior to installing, but once the fairing is installed it is impossible to get the top snapped in. So, then the bezel has pressure pushed against it once the headlights starts flopping around.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.