Road Glide banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It sadly always happens this way. An unexpected loss is the worst kind.
We got hitched in '06 at a Harley Dealer in Beaumont TX. I remember the occasion like it was yesterday.
Through thick and thin, unbearable heat and gully washers unending, we stood together against it all.
Until yesterday, she went quietly, it took 70 miles for me to realize she gave up the ghost and left us alone to carry on.
When I got home, there she was, just laying in the grass without a care in the world, knowing she fought the good fight
until the end. The Hospitals were closed yesterday eve and are closed today. Time to think about my dilemma I guess.
Don't say any pics or it didn't happen, it did! The heel came off my boot, I'm literally shaking right now along with the house, extreme thunder going on馃槏.
What would you do? 1. Re-attachment surgery. 2. Let it go and re-home new boots. 3. It's an omen, sell the bike.

Registered
2021 Road Glide Special in Snake Venom 馃悕
Depends on what kind of boots. What are they and do they have true stitch down soles? True stitch can be resoled by a cobbler. You just have to find one. I鈥檝e had a set of Danners resoled after five years when the soles wore flat and the flex portion started to deteriorate.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thx, JTB & G. I think I will keep them and have 'em refreshed. There is 1 place left in town that can do it. These were made in China, I guess early on when there were some quality standards that aren't there anymore.

The Greatest Moderator on The Internet
Definitely resole and reheel.
I have an old pair of Engineer Boots that I always do that to them when needed.
Mike U.

Administrator
I have a pair of cowboy boots I have to take in next week for a resole job , one of them had just started separating , get them done early , and take my winter riding suit in for a zipper .. Have a guy here in a small shop , excellent work , fast turn around and very reasonable prices ..

JtB

Registered
Shit.....I was thinking you lost a dog or something like that..... Get the boots fixed and move on!!

Reactions: TroyAK

Registered
If the boots are in good shape resole them. As with most things, there comes a point when replacing is the best option.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts