Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spring cleaning and ran across some pics of cars I once owned. Some of them were on Polaroids if that gives you an idea of how long ago some were. Thought I would post a few. Feel free to add your 4 wheeled history.

·
Super Moderator
9,599 Posts
AAHH love the Camaros and the open body in the fifth pic in the post above , reminisce of Willie Borsch and his winged T ..

As Jim Liberman ( R.I.P.) so aptly said "drag racing is far out" .. Love it ...

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
AAHH love the Camaros and the open body in the fifth pic in the post above , reminisce of Willie Borsch and his winged T ..

As Jim Liberman ( R.I.P.) so aptly said "drag racing is far out" .. Love it ...
Yeah, the 23 T was the quickest car I've owned. 540 BBC with hat injection on alky. 4.90's in the 1/8. Fun ride.

·
Shark of the Month October 13
6,807 Posts
You've been a lucky man to have had so many bitchin' cars in your stable. I'm guessing your single? Lol

You're obviously a Chevy/GM guy, how did that Mopar sneak in? Love the T-bucket altered, what class do you run it in? I have very fond memories of watching the original A/A Altereds run the 1/4 back in the '60s. Those were brave men ..... or they were nuttier than a squirrel turd, not sure which.

I've always wanted to build a pro-street '66 Nova, but they got too expensive about the time I was getting too fat to fit in one. So I settled on building a '65 Impala resto-mod. I'm about 90% done, just need to locate 3 pieces of exterior trim, and it needs an interior. I had planned to get the interior done this past winter but life, the IRS, and a suddenly empty check book prevented that from happening. I now hope for a late summer/early fall finish date. There's a thread above, but only a couple of pics.

What's your next build? There's always just "one more".

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The "yard bird" wasn't the only Mopar I've owned. Had a 73 Dart that we stuffed a 383 in, a 78 Prospector 4 wd with the gas drinking 360 and my last 2 DD pickups have been Rams. I can relate to the empty wallet blues. Finally got the daughter through college, so it's time to start thinking about the "next one". Always had a soft spot for the 68-72 Novas. Thinking turbo LS and a 6 speed manual. But then I know where there are a couple of late 50's B model Macks that are just begging for a 5.9 Cummins and a rat rod treatment. Then I've been thinking about how good my new 5.7 Hemi runs in my 17 Ram pickup and how much fun that drivetrain would be in a Dart or Duster. Or a Scamp. Make a cool sleeper.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts