Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
do your regular openers still work? The wife and I were talking about this yesterday

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
do your regular openers still work? The wife and I were talking about this yesterday
All the original openers still work. Easy to install. I am having one problem. Sent an email to support about it.

Once installed, if there is a power interruption, when the power comes back on the receiver sends a signal to the opener to open/close the door.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
I'm intrigued. The one vehicle/2 opener option looks like this would support my gate and door opener, which are about 500 feet apart. Thanks for posting!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Far Cheaper than HD at $80 compared to $150
But I still question being such a complicated option when I spent $20 on a 3 button universal key chain remote that I Velcro inside my right hand faring cubby.
KISS

·
Registered
927 Posts
But I still question being such a complicated option when I spent $20 on a 3 button universal key chain remote that I Velcro inside my right hand faring cubby.
KISS
I have the HD opener installed on both my RG & cage. Love the ease of use. No one can steal the remote and brake it to the garage.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I'm intrigued. The one vehicle/2 opener option looks like this would support my gate and door opener, which are about 500 feet apart. Thanks for posting!
That would work. You could program the gate for x # of flashes and the door for y# of flashes.

I would hold of on any purchase until I get some support for the power interruption issue. I'll let you guys know.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
KISS
The problem I was trying to solve is I leave my truck outside and with the remote for the door is in the rearview mirror. Seem we've had several breakins and accessing the garage thru the remote.

·
Registered
227 Posts
The problem I was trying to solve is I leave my truck outside and with the remote for the door is in the rearview mirror. Seem we've had several breakins and accessing the garage thru the remote.
Sounds like it's time to look for a new hood...

I leave my keys in my car and house doors unlocked 24/7, but there is always a fire stick near in case we get a visitor.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I bought a product from Amazon called "G Link". It's only $40 and has an app for your smart phone. It uses a secure revolving bluetooth link. You can put on as many phones as you like. The master phone can also disable any of the others at a push of the button. This is great if don't want to give out a key to your house for service work or whatever. I have been using mine for about two years now with no problems.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sounds like it's time to look for a new hood...

I leave my keys in my car and house doors unlocked 24/7, but there is always a fire stick near in case we get a visitor.
The hood is fine, it's the unwanted visitors.

Fire stick? I have a couple of friends. Heckler and Koch. They're always around. At home or on a ride.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I ran across this opener so I installed it. Easy to install and the price is
less than HDs. You can expand it also.

RinkuHaus - Home Control Systems

I was able to open the garage door 1/4 mile down the street.
UPDATE

So the manufact reached out me. From the email it sounds like they've know about this problem already. He said that they are going to have an update, doesn't know when, to fix the problem. Options they offered..a universal power supply OR refund.

$$

·
Registered
773 Posts
UPDATE

So the manufact reached out me. From the email it sounds like they've know about this problem already. He said that they are going to have an update, doesn't know when, to fix the problem. Options they offered..a universal power supply OR refund.

$$
Good work here..... I decided to just Velcro an opener to the side of the glove box.... Open the glove box, push the button Garage door opens. I'm just not one to re-invent the wheel.:grin:

·
Registered
66 Posts
I bought a product from Amazon called "G Link". It's only $40 and has an app for your smart phone. It uses a secure revolving bluetooth link. You can put on as many phones as you like. The master phone can also disable any of the others at a push of the button. This is great if don't want to give out a key to your house for service work or whatever. I have been using mine for about two years now with no problems.
Thanks for this idea. I think this great. I'm going to try it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
It even has a knock feature. you don't even have to take your phone out of your pocket and open the app... I just knock on my pocket 3 times and off she goes...

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
My place is very rural with a 600' drive from my gate to the garage. The county road sees little traffic, so there's nobody around to sniff out the code. I may just try a cheap universal remote solution.

·
Registered
227 Posts
The hood is fine, it's the unwanted visitors.

Fire stick? I have a couple of friends. Heckler and Koch. They're always around. At home or on a ride.
I think they know my buddies! Smitty and Wess >:)

·
Registered
227 Posts
There is also a device for the more Tech guys called a Raspberry Pi that connects to your garage door and your wireless network with iPhone that allows you to use Siri voice commands "Open Garage" "Close Garage" and since it's on the net you can open/close your garage door from anywhere in the world.
I expect there is Android available as well...

Open Your Garage Door with Siri and a Raspberry Pi

Total Cost under $100

·
Registered
227 Posts
1 - 20 of 25 Posts