Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried doing a search and couldn't find a proper thread on one. Just wondering if anybody is using one. I installed one on my 2015 from Mooresensible Products. I like the concept, just worried about a new install before a long trip.
Would like to hear anyone's input as to how it performs, especially what your oil pressure is at idle.
It seems to keep the oil a little cooler, but I'm concerned that it may restrict oil flow a bit. I'd like to see larger lines goin to/from the adaptor and filter.
I'll probably install larger lines after SWV.
Thanks in advance!
D

·
Registered
98 Posts
I run a MooreSensible remote oil filter set-up on my '09 RoadGlide.It's works flawless and is a snap to install.Even though they don't advertise it I do think the oil runs a couple of degree's cooler.If you go to his site the bike shown for the '09 and up bikes is in fact mine.Give Dan a call he's a great guy.They are made right up in TwinLakes Wi. I believe

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I run a MooreSensible remote oil filter set-up on my '09 RoadGlide.It's works flawless and is a snap to install.Even though they don't advertise it I do think the oil runs a couple of degree's cooler.If you go to his site the bike shown for the '09 and up bikes is in fact mine.Give Dan a call he's a great guy.They are made right up in TwinLakes Wi. I believe
Thanks man, that's the one I installed. I should have done more research, I'm just a bit nervous taking it out into the desert. I would have liked to have had larger than 3/8" hoses, but they are short. I know it's adequate, but I don't know about optimal.
What size hoses are you running and where did you mount yours? Mine is between the frame and toe shifter.
How many miles do you have running it?

Hi Shrug!

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Looks like nice stuff, well made and reasonable prices.
That said, it also look like a solution looking for a problem to me, and actually a slight invitation to problems that weren't there to begin with. Hose connections are 4 more places to leak. An extra bracket bolted on somewhere, just waiting to vibrate off.
MIGHT cool a tiny bit because of the extra lines and maybe getting the filter out in the breeze. Look up engine guard oil cooler if you want a simple and effective cooler.

Want easier to remove filter?? Just go get a K&N filter with the nut welded on the end.
Slip 1/2 a 2 liter pop bottle under the filter to funnel the mess where you want it. Clean up with some brake clean.

To each his own I guess, but I live by the "misery loves extra parts", and "what can go wrong will" philosphies. Literally millions of these bikes are having no issues with the factory setup.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks like nice stuff, well made and reasonable prices.
That said, it also look like a solution looking for a problem to me, and actually a slight invitation to problems that weren't there to begin with. Hose connections are 4 more places to leak. An extra bracket bolted on somewhere, just waiting to vibrate off.
MIGHT cool a tiny bit because of the extra lines and maybe getting the filter out in the breeze. Look up engine guard oil cooler if you want a simple and effective cooler.

Want easier to remove filter?? Just go get a K&N filter with the nut welded on the end.
Slip 1/2 a 2 liter pop bottle under the filter to funnel the mess where you want it. Clean up with some brake clean.

To each his own I guess, but I live by the "misery loves extra parts", and "what can go wrong will" philosphies. Literally millions of these bikes are having no issues with the factory setup.
I hear ya, but I want it for maintainability reasons. I don't have the luck some folks seem to have with never spilling a drop of oil on their bikes and brake cleaner will attack some plastics as well as some rubber. I don't know about the silicones used in the electrical connections. Those formulations change all the time. I worry about the engine mounts. I don't want them failing. Had that happen before. And V-Twin oil WILL eat urethane for breakfast lunch and dinner! And no matter how extensive you are you can't get all the oil! Not even with any kind of cleaner.
As far as too many connections leading to leaks....I'm pretty confident in my installation capabilities. I'm not gonna have a leak and the mount is solid.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.