Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2013 Road Glide Ultra and I want to be able to remove the tour pak on occasion. I dont have any problem with the wiring but I want an all in 1 kit for the bracket/docking. Ive seen a few posts where people had to make 2 or 3 different purchases to complete the project and I want to avoid that.
Any input on this would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
willl this kit work on the Road Glide? It seems like it will.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
willl this kit work on the Road Glide? It seems like it will.
All touring bikes are the same. Minus the fairing or lack there of. When you are looking at parts on the H-D website there is a drop down box at the upper left corner that will tell you if a particular part fits your bike.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great! Im gonna go with this kit instead of trying to save a buck...that always seems to go awry LOL!
Thanks for your help

·
Shark of the Month October 13
8,528 Posts
Unless covid has changed things, there are a couple of HD dealers who give RG.org a discount (typically 20%) on all HD hard parts. Based on the price shown above that would save you over $100. That's the equivalent of 2.5 HD T-shirts!

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
I agree with getting the kit. I already had the filler lights for turn signals, and I don't like the signals that stick on the back of the bags, so I pieced mine together. Cost me about the same as the kit.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I will be picking the kit up Friday morning as well as the wiring harness and am planning on installing immediately. Will post the results.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I picked up the kit on Friday morning. It took a couple hours to do the project from tear down to completion. The tour pack docks perfectly with NO resistance or tight spots. I will be picking the QD harness this week and will letcha know how that goes. The only thing that may be an issue is having to get an additional mounting kit for the "push to talk" for the passenger. I dont use it at all but Im definitely not gonna cut it and I really don't think I want to disassemble and chase the wiring to remove it correctly.
VERY HAPPY with the kit and it was worth every penny!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts