Road Glide banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. Hope this is posted in the right place. If not, I apologize.

I recently picked up a 2013 Road Glide Custom. Seems someone set it up for long distance riding with some of the goodies installed on it. One of which being a CB radio mounted on the left handlebar next to the grip. I have absolutely no use for it and want to remove it and possibly sell it.

Now, it looks like all of the work done to this bike was probably done at a dealer as everything is installed very cleanly. However, what I'm running in to is not being able to trace the wiring down to get the thing removed.

I follow it down the handlebar and it runs into the instrument panel behind the gauges. There it becomes lost. I pulled the tank bib and there's wiring there, but everything is tight and I can't tell if any of it is for this CB.

Any advise on how to get this thing removed shy of just cutting the wiring, which I don't really want to do? Is the instrument panel easy to remove? Should I expect this thing to be plugged in somewhere under the seat?

I guess what I'm wondering is if there's some sort of SOP for installing such a unit where I may be able to gain some insight as to how to remove it.

Any help to point me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
As an update to this, I took a chance and removed the instrument cluster by removing the 2 screws on the sides and pulled the cluster out. The wiring and antenna were all connected behind the gauges, so it was just a matter of unhooking the connectors and removing the coax from the bike and the rear mount.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts