Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Adding Stretched bags to RGS but rear fender extension has no hole for antenna so think I will add a hidden antenna inside fairing. Will this hurt navigation signal or operation on my GPS or bluetooth on stock radio?

·
Registered
927 Posts
No. The rear antenna is fm/am/wb only. You can have diminished reception with the hidden. If you have an amp you most likely will have signal issues. One alternative is to rotate the mount and tuck the antenna underneath the fender, easier with a stubby antenna. There are some forum threads that give more details about how to do that.

·
Registered
88 Posts
No. The rear antenna is fm/am/wb only. You can have diminished reception with the hidden. If you have an amp you most likely will have signal issues. One alternative is to rotate the mount and tuck the antenna underneath the fender, easier with a stubby antenna. There are some forum threads that give more details about how to do that.
I did it on my SGS based on a video I found on Youtube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ks7NoK0A1GA

On my RGS,I just removed it as I never listed to the FM on the radio.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Reception

I did the in the fairing one on mine and I have nothing to compare it to on my 15, but I can hear the motor and pipes just fine lol.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
I put mine under the fender/seat. The station's I use are strong enough. But the weak ones are gone.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts