Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy all,

Removed the fairing on my '98 RG and three threaded "bolts" incased in rubber fell out when I pulled the fairing away from the bike. There were a bit scrunched up like they collapsed when something screwed into them. Maybe they're shock mounts or something. I have no idea what they are or where they came from :confused:. I've looked on a couple exploded fairing parts diagrams but saw no sign of them. Anyone have an idea? Three seems like an odd number of them as well... perhaps I'm missing one or more?

Thanks,
-D

·
Registered
331 Posts
Same thing happened to me and drove me nuts for 10min. They are windshield screw well nuts, maby left in from assy. at the plant? Or from a earlier windshield swap? Enjoy the sickness!!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Concreteman, JacktheBagger and 4getNo1!

Freaking awesome. You guys rock!! Yeah I was going a little crazy b/c the nuts fit on the fairing mounting screws but I only had three. I was searching under the car, behind the trashcan, on my belly with a flash light, etc. looking for the possible companion nuts.

It looks like all the well nuts are on the current windshield. Must have been from a previous swap or something.

again Thanks!,
-D

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
make sure you have the wellnuts in all the windshield holes , they are 10-32 thread and you can get them at a parts store much cheeper than Harley

JtB
^^^ probably that

1 - 7 of 7 Posts