Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my lowers that I added shortly after getting my bike lastApril 2013 while it was still chilly. My leg roasted in traffic last summer .Took the lowers off yesterday and wow what a difference. While still hot, not roasting. And yes they are vented lowers. Thought it may be good if I decide to ride up Mt Wash during SW instead of hiking up.

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
have you tried just removing the vent doors? i find that to be a good compromise between having the lowers and completely removing them.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I was going to just remove the doors but since I had to take them apart to do that I just took them off. I like them on better. Nike looks naked

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
Yeah I was going to just remove the doors but since I had to take them apart to do that I just took them off. I like them on better. Nike looks naked
it's pretty easy to do. i remove mine yearly without removing the lowers from the bike.

·
Registered
520 Posts
I live in south Florida and after over a year of riding the RGX without lowers, added them a week or so ago and they look great.. with no vents in place... but you all that say there is no difference in felt engine heat are either are BSing us, live in a very cold area or have no feeling in your legs.. I feel allot more heat. will they go?? I dono yet but maybe. couldn't imagine how hot it would be with stock cated pipes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts