Road Glide banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone taken the baffle out of their Dragula? Whether to repack or try a different size, was wondering if there is any trick to getting one out. Tried to get mine out one time just for grins, but even after removing the end cap and bolt holding baffle in, it was just stuck. Didn't spend too much time on it, just bored and was going to see how hard it was to get out.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
I use either an old car antenna and bend it at the end and jam it into one of the baffle holes or better yet use a metal coat hanger that you open up then loop it thru one of the holes. I then place vice grips on the antenna or coat hanger and hit the side of the vice grips with a hammer. The baffle slides right out with out any frustration, or hurting your back trying to yank it out! No need to remove the pipe from the bike or bang the pipe on the ground against a 2x4. No damage done this way.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tried the wire clothes hanger and the wire kept breaking. Found a small chain with a hook on the end and hooked it over the 1/4 inch piece of metal that's right before the perforations in the baffle and it broke out. Guess I'll just leave it in.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Tried the wire clothes hanger and the wire kept breaking. Found a small chain with a hook on the end and hooked it over the 1/4 inch piece of metal that's right before the perforations in the baffle and it broke out. Guess I'll just leave it in.
Don't feel defeated yet! I'm sure all of us can get it out with our SPIRIT being with you on getting that sticky baffle out. Try it again, or pick up the slide hammer for a few bucks. :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.