Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think you guys refer to them as cow bells but I have been known to be wrong before more than once.
I want to remove the upper fork covers and run with the fork tubes exposed.
To do this I will need to install the rubber seal cover at a minimum but I am thinking of also installing the Chrome seal dress covers.
Has any one done this?
The parts manual doesn't list anything for the tourers but I guess any from the bikes with the same size forks will fit.
What size are the fork tubes on the 2012 road glide 42mm?

cheers
Max

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
like I said I have been wrong before.
That's why I asked you guys, Tourers are all new to me and you cant get to them to measure until you start pulling it apart.

Thanks for the reponse

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
Can't wait to see how it looks.

·
Registered
837 Posts
I would be more concerned with putting dings in the forks and wrecking the seals than looks without something to protect them. Other than that I think it looks nice.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
since almost all bikes apart from the tourers do not have fork tube surface protection I suspect it will be ok
but fair point taken

·
Registered
483 Posts
stock forks just chromed lowers, mono tubes 1" lower, HD wheel, HD 883 low fender with home made adapter brackets
Cool idea! Looks good! You have anymore pics from different angle or further back. Great way to make it your own.

Also, I wouldn't worry about the fork tubes being exposed. I road sport bikes for years. their tubs are exposed and usually inverted. Never heard of anyone having a problem with damage to the tube.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You have anymore pics from different angle or further back.

Also, I wouldn't worry about the fork tubes being exposed. .

I am not worried at all
here is a few other pics not the best but may give the idea.
Builkt it with function as the first requirement not form although if I can have both then why not

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts