Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to be replacing my OEM handlebars with 12" Chubby's Wild 1 Outlaws and am wondering if there is a special tool required to remove the pins at the end of the controls where they go into the connectors. I have some small screwdrivers along with hook and O ring removal tools, will I need another tool?:

·
Registered
142 Posts
I am going to be replacing my OEM handlebars with 12" Chubby's Wild 1 Outlaws and am wondering if there is a special tool required to remove the pins at the end of the controls where they go into the connectors. I have some small screwdrivers along with hook and O ring removal tools, will I need another tool?:
Here's the molex tool from the Custom Chrome catalog. Paper clip is a lil cheaper!!!:D Good luck!

http://customchromecatalog.com/2013/full.asp?page=1009

·
Registered
45 Posts
Post #5 & #6 shows you how to take the plug apart.

http://www.roadglide.org/showthread.php?t=5694

·
Registered
6,081 Posts
A paperclip does work, but an actual tool is a little easier. The hardened metal of the tool will not bend like a paperclip will. They can be had on eBay pretty cheap.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Use the paperclip from the backside of the connector. Maybe it was just me but I fiddled with that connector for the longest time try to release pin from the wrong side even with the instructions in front of me. After I figured it out it was a breeze.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
I agree that's very helpful NorCal. Wish I had seen that video before doing my bars.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts