Road Glide banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I recently had a problem with the right side of my stereo not producing sound. Thanks to a couple members here who diagnosed the problem as a loose rca cable, I was able to easily fix the issue. But, while I've got the outer fairing removed, and I'm waiting on Amazon to deliver my new, better rca cable, I got to looking for additional upgrades while its still too cold to ride. What better upgrade than to replace the shitty white glare producing, impossible to see gauges!! I've ordered the black gauges from Surdyke, and, I know that I'll have to remove the speaker pods to get to the fuel and volt gauges. Any simple tricks or tips anyone may have? I've searched the forum and with the word 'pods' i get so many hits on 'lower fairings' its crazy. I did find a budget bagger build guy on youtube and that was a bit helpful. I believe there are only 5 fasteners that I have to remove and then obviously be careful of any wiring harnesses, etc that are attached. I know my antenna's are attached to the top of the pods. Left has Sirius and right has GPS. Thanks
J27

·
Registered
435 Posts
Had my pods off a couple of times, just remove the allen screws and disconnect the speakers. I don't recall if the gauges are accessible this way or not.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I have removed mine to do some stereo upgrades on my Road Glide. Can’t think of anything that stands out that was tricky. Keep track of the screws and what goes where.

This is a good opportunity to seal the speaker pods with some clear silicone when putting everything back together. That is actually why I took them apart to begin with. There are threads on here about properly sealing the speaker pods for air leakage to help produce a better sound. It is probably minimal, but I did it. Can’t really say one way or the other.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts