Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow I have some really cool friends. Got a digital copy a a repair manual for my 2011 RGU.... I'm pumped and didn't cost me anything except for a BIG thank-you --------- Way too cool :cool:

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I have the maintenance manual, parts catalog and the wiring diagrams for my 2009 RG on .pdf files (only cost me $40 for all 3).......I would be more than willing to offer these to anyone who needed them but the files are WAY too big to e-mail.

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
I have the maintenance manual, parts catalog and the wiring diagrams for my 2009 RG on .pdf files (only cost me $40 for all 3).......I would be more than willing to offer these to anyone who needed them but the files are WAY too big to e-mail.
Could you link me the site that offer them on.pdf format please? :cool:
Are you attending SWII? You might be able to copy them to a jump drive and pass'em along to fellow '09 owners ;)

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
I don't need them but if you're willing to share these docs with the forum i could open up my TFTP server and you can share them out there?

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I don't need them but if you're willing to share these docs with the forum i could open up my TFTP server and you can share them out there?
You tell me how to get them to you for your server and it's as good as done!

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Use the shortened link below for dropbox.com (please use that link instead of the main site since that link gets us both credit for the referral (extra storage space). It's FREE for the first 2 GB of space. You can upload large files there then share them with anybody you have an email address for. They get an email with a link, and they download the file from there.

http://db.tt/LcvgZSm9

I keep important documents there since it also acts as an automatic offsite backup. Plus I can access them from any computer with internet access, including my phone. Make a change on any file in your dropbox and it's updated on all your computers automatically. Sorry to sound like an ad, but I'm not associated with the site in any way other than as a user. Pretty cool for a free site.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
You tell me how to get them to you for your server and it's as good as done!
I will set it up in the morning then send you instructions on how to upload them. Once they are uploaded I'll report back to this thread and users here can PM me for the instructions on how they can download them.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I will set it up in the morning then send you instructions on how to upload them. Once they are uploaded I'll report back to this thread and users here can PM me for the instructions on how they can download them.
Sounds good to me!

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
if it is an authentic harley service manual might want to be careful as they frown on that and have shut sites down before for this same thing. if not a factory manual disregard.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
if it is an authentic harley service manual might want to be careful as they frown on that and have shut sites down before for this same thing. if not a factory manual disregard.
It is an authentic H-D service manual and parts catalog. I don't want to get tied up in any legal issues or copyright infringement debates so at this time I'll just bow out on posting these up for grabs. But there are other ways around this so just make a note and come find me at SWII :D

·
Registered
421 Posts
Wow I have some really cool friends. Got a digital copy a a repair manual for my 2011 RGU.... I'm pumped and didn't cost me anything except for a BIG thank-you --------- Way too cool :cool:
You wouldn't be interested in sharing that would ya?

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Could you link me the site that offer them on.pdf format please? :cool:
Are you attending SWII? You might be able to copy them to a jump drive and pass'em along to fellow '09 owners ;)
Just remember that Harley does not offer any of their manuals in digital form.
If you buy one, it is a pirated copy and not authorized by Harley. You are taking a big chance.
It is just like the music and movies that are pirated.

The moderators may also take action for promoting Pirated sales here on their forum.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Anyone have a link to download or buy and download the service and wiring manuals for the 2012 or 2013 FLTRX? I bought one in 08 for my FXSTC, but not having much luck for the FLTRX.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Repair manual

i bought a Cd of the manual off of E-bay for touring bikes not just the RG, it seems to cover most of what I need including electrical. i also have one for my 07 EG if someone wants it since I traded that bike in. i think I paid about 10 bucks or so for them. PM me if you want a copy I'll be glad to help. I also downloaded it to my Droid Razor to carry with me everywhere, a little harder to find on the phone screen the the computer but great to have when I'm working on someone's bike and not at my house.

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Any service manual that does not come directly from Harley Davidson or one of its dealers is theft plain and simple.

I see a lot of (very justified) vitriol on this and other forums when someone gets gear, a bike, or money stolen.

Same thing here.

·
Registered
451 Posts
I have the hard copy but have always wanted an electronic version while on the road. I'd be very interested.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
629 Posts
I totally agree with the posters who say this is pirating. They are correct.
HOWEVER, this is just another classic harley techno-phobe blunder. The electronic versions of the manuals are infinitely more useful than paper, since they can be indexed easily, accessed anywhere, and printed a page at a time for "dirty work". Many (most?) of us would pay extra for that flexibility. Yet, the MOCO will not figure out how to monetize this solution because they are too worried about the exact pirating they are enabling by NOT having electronic versions.
Look at the music and movie industries for one group that has figured it out (music) and one that still has its head in the sand (movies).
Rant over....

Ian

1 - 20 of 27 Posts