Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i did the "mount 6x9" on the inside of the bags facing the rear wheel mode. I've now decided to get some hogtune lids and need to seal and fix all the little still holes i created. I'm assuming some fiberglass but wanted to ask you guys if you suggest anything else.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
12,433 Posts
If you have OEM bags it's probably easier to buy another set, you can find them pretty cheap on ebay. If they're extended, I don't know.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
You could use fiberglass however I've had good experience with SEM Carbofill. It's a carbon fiber reinforced filler.

Gets extremely hard, is fairly easy sandable AND is not prone to shrinkage.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Do you have one big hole or a bunch of little holes that kind of look like a speaker grille?

If it's the one big hole, buy new bags. If it's the small holes, leave them for now until you install the lids. They may provide a port to make your lids thump more.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Lord Fusor products. They are expensive but are great products. They make an epoxy for abs. Why not just run 4 6x9's in the rear? Hell I would. But it's gonna come down to money. As Dbell has already stated, it's gonna be alot easier to just replace yours with a different set, then sell your old ones.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts