Road Glide banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Replaced Fried Stator, Voltage Regulator 15 RG (Pics)....

...thats right a few weeks ago i boosted my baby after it died on me down in the village, from 2 cars ....i should not have had the cars runnings but i was at a lost ( had a Goldwing for 7 years never had one battery issue with the OEM battery )..... anyway make a long story a little shorter, i realized my bike was running off of just the battery and decided that i should have long time ago upgraded to the 54 Amp High Output Charging Kit from Harley since i have alot of toys on my baby, so thats what i just did part #29900028A.....I also added the New Battery from Yuasa GYZ32HL ( 500 Cold Cranking Amps ) and once i was done and I started her back up and i thought she was going to blow up while i was sitting on her, she felt strong, to me at least lmao....

......OH AND IM ONLY SHOWING MAJOR PARTS DURING THIS INSTALL, to get this far you should already know about removing floor boards etc etc etc

REMOVE YOUR BATTERY POST TO BEGIN

DRAINING PRIMARY CHAINCASE FLUID AND REMOVING THE COVER

ADDING TIE WRAP AROUND CHAIN TENSIONER AND REMOVING 2 BOLTS

HERE YOU HAVE TO REMOVE THE , RETAINING RING, RELEASE PLATE & LOCKNUT WHICH TURNS CLOCKWISE TO LOOSEN

YOU WIL WILL ALSO NEED A LOCKING TOOL TO LOCK THE GEARS TO REMOVE THESE BOLTS

THIS SIDE YOU JUST NEED A T70 BIT

THIS WILL REMOVE AS ONE

YOU HAVE TO REMOVE THE 2 BOLTS FOR THE STARTER AND REMOVE

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)

THE REST WAS REMOVING THE BOLTS TO GET TO THE STATOR

SO THIS IS WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR, LOOKS LIKE SOME BURNT CHICKEN

AH SO NEW SO PRETTY ( Bet you i wont burn this one up )

AND BACK TOGETHER AND RUNNING GREAT

·
Registered
6,537 Posts
Good Job! I am just curious in why you removed the inner primary because the stator R&R can be done without removing the inner.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Either you're a mechanic or you got balls the size of coconuts. Either way, congratulations on a job well done!!

Wade

Thanks but im not a mechanic, ive always just been good with tools and good at remembering how to break things down and put em back together again BUT i do buy a shop manual with every Bike i buy and cars too

·
Registered
883 Posts
Nice work. Especially on the no bill part. I don't trust too many to work on mine either. The shop manual is a must for all vehicles I own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Good job; well done. Not too many guys realise that most charging problems start after!!! they've added one to many toys as you put it.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Just following the shop manual, hopefully i wont have to do this again !
Zoiks! No wonder getting things done at the dealer costs so much. I'm with Ironmark, there's no need to remove the inner primary. Rotor just takes a bit of wiggling and it'll pop right off just fine.

Yes it a bit easier to do it with the inner off because the magnets put up a hell of a fight...but it isn't necessary.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Good Job! I am just curious in why you removed the inner primary because the stator R&R can be done without removing the inner.

On certain later year bikes, you either have to grind the inner primary with an air grinder or take it off. It will not come out without doing one or the other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Zoiks! No wonder getting things done at the dealer costs so much. I'm with Ironmark, there's no need to remove the inner primary. Rotor just takes a bit of wiggling and it'll pop right off just fine.

Yes it a bit easier to do it with the inner off because the magnets put up a hell of a fight...but it isn't necessary.
Yes now that i look at the whole install you guys are right i didnt need to remove the inner to finish

and on top of that to remove this part of the stator i just used 2 bolts that fit those 2 holes and slid it off easy and placed the new one on easier because those magnets produce alot of pulling force

but hey i would have kept pulling the whole damn bike apart to get my baby up and running again lmao

1 - 14 of 14 Posts