Road Glide banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just acquired a 2010 RG Custom - Stage 4 done in 2010 - package done with SE 260 cams. They don't really kick in until about 3000 RPM. Looking to replace over the upcoming winter with a cam that is more torquey at lower RPM's and better suited for putting around town (looking for the torque at the start vs the HP at the end of the powerband). This is going to potentially open the flood gates with options, but looking for ideas on a replacement setup. Any options that allow me to use the SE Tuner as well? Back of the napkin says its about $1000 to get a different SE cam (about $350), adjustable push-rods ($175), and the labor to install and re-tune ($400-$450). Any lower dollar thoughts greatly appreciated as well. And an explanation on the adjustable push-rods need would be awesome. I have the Freedom Performance tuck and under true duals and the Combat slipons (just switched out of the V&H 2-1 Pro Pipe)...not looking to maximize torque or HP - just want something a little more friendly in the 1500-3000 RPM range.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Personally I wouldn't go with a Harley cam. There's also no such thing as cams that aren't "compatible" with the SE tuner, so you fine there.

As far as budget, they are all roughly the same, with all the other parts its not a huge range.

More details about your build would be helpful (displacement, compression, etc), but I would call a reputable builder - Fuel Moto, Hillside, Doc's Performance, etc, they would have good recommendations.

·
Registered
6,572 Posts
There are many cam options that would work for you. I would suggest doing some research on cams, there are many web sites that have dyno sheets on different cams in different builds, Fuel Moto has a good dyno sheet section on Woods cams and you should check that out. I used a Woods TW222 and it was a great low/mid range torque cam, You can also consider a Woods TW555 or a Tman Troquester555. By checking the dyno sheets you can see where the torque curve starts and stops and then you can look up the cam specs. I look for cams that produce 100 ft lbs of torque around 2200 and 2500 rpm and it won't drop below 100 ft lbs of torque until 5000 to 5500 rpm.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
You might consider the SE 259s they come in sooner, still run out well on top...
'Ran the 259s for >11k mi. I liked them...
'Can sometimes $core the 259s (new) from folks that have bought SE Kits / Motors (with 259s) and change Cams during their Build...

Or if you want all "bottom" the SE 255s work well for a lot of folks,,, Sometimes $core (lo mile takeouts) from the CVO crowd...

'Have >160k miles (3 Bikes) on SE Adjustable Pushrods,,, Never any / or related issues...

True Duals by nature are usually a little "softer" on the bottom... 1.75 Baffles in the Mufflers help the TQ come in sooner...

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Well if your glide has a 96 inch motor you wont find a cam that comes in sooner or produces plenty of low end and designed specifically for 88 and 96 inch motor than a Feuling 525 cam, i have them and the reviews are awesome as well as performance. They kick in at 1750 rpm all the way up to 5200 rpm smooth and linear torque all the way up no deadspots, i also used HD quickie pushrods and replaced my lifters with S&S premiums.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Well if your glide has a 96 inch motor you wont find a cam that comes in sooner or produces plenty of low end and designed specifically for 88 and 96 inch motor than a Feuling 525 cam, i have them and the reviews are awesome as well as performance. They kick in at 1750 rpm all the way up to 5200 rpm smooth and linear torque all the way up no deadspots, i also used HD quickie pushrods and replaced my lifters with S&S premiums.
Chart please.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
If you look on Feulings website they have it posted, going to try to get a copy and post it up, take a close look at it, smooth all the way up, i swear by these cams on a 88 inch or 96 inch motor.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
If you go on Feulings website theres plenty dyno charts as well as info on the Reaper 525 cam. Hope this helps, they also have an excellent technical service line.

·
Registered
46 Posts
If your compression is around 10.1 or 10.2 you can have a torque monster with cyclorama 575 cam,and it will pull hard up top also.
Don’t think you can find better at that compression.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
I would hope that in the intervening year since his post, the OP would have done something already. :)

If your compression is around 10.1 or 10.2 you can have a torque monster with cyclorama 575 cam,and it will pull hard up top also.
Don’t think you can find better at that compression.

Se-259 should be a better cam than the se-260 cam that you have now

1 - 18 of 18 Posts