Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Premium Member
2010 FLTRX, 96 No Mo, Plain Jane
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay I'm going to keep this as short as possible, in a nut shell.
I lost my keys last night while riding my bike, with Texas hooligan, it took two and a half hours from my old lady just to get to me where I shut the bike off not realizing I no longer had keys or a fob. I was so Strat and distressed I forgot about being able to override the key fob. So today I call up eight different Harley-Davidsons, looking for a key fob each and every Harley-Davidson told me that it might be February before I could get one, I'm so freaking mad at myself the fucked up part about it is is I clipped them to my belt loop. Never have had this happen, I've never lost a set of motorcycle keys in the 45 years I've been riding.

I have not been able to find a key fob anywhere eBay, Amazon all of the Harleys in my area.

So what I am asking is is there anybody on the Forum that might have a spare or one lying around that they might want to sell to me, this forum is my last ditch effort.......

2010 road glide

·
The Greatest Moderator on The Internet
12,596 Posts
Christopher, Harley is showing a shipping date of 9/26/22 for a Key Fob.
You could probably override it with the PIN until You get a new Fob.
Mike U.

·
12,596 Posts
On another note, did You retrace Your route to see if You could find Your lost Keys and Fob?
The reason I ask is that the same thing happened to a Buddy and he retraced His route and found them.
Best of Luck Brother.
Mike U.

·
Premium Member
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Like I'm really afraid to pull the trigger on that it says already on backorder, and I wonder if that's a lie pertaining the week, very skeptical after calling so many dealerships..... that would really suck to pay the $80 only to find out it's going to be on back order to till February as well.....

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
I have a 2011 one I think it can be reprogrammed. free if you need it.
Just looked I also have one from a 2017. they appear to be the same.
Check with dealer or local INDY that can reprogram.
I can program fob's but the bike must be here to do it.

·
Premium Member
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay Mike just tried to purchase that key fob, it says one week but when you go to pay for it it says it's on backorder and that they would I would receive a notice when they came in, so I canceled the order

·
Shark of the Month October 13
11,720 Posts
Man, you gotta be pretty stoned to lose your bike keys! lol

·
12,596 Posts
Okay Mike just tried to purchase that key fob, it says one week but when you go to pay for it it says it's on backorder and that they would I would receive a notice when they came in, so I canceled the order
Sorry to hear that Bro!
Send @smitty901 a PM he made You a very generous offer Christopher.
Mike U.

·
Premium Member
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Man, you gotta be pretty stoned to lose your bike keys! lol
Okay you mother fuckers, now the laughing really begins......
I was Stone Cold Sober, and I have always used the latch system to hook to my belt loop, which many of you know as well.

At least if I was stoned it would have Justified the excuse of losing them, in this particular case I have no fucking excuse!!!!🤬🤬

Laugh on.....🤣🤣

·
12,596 Posts
I was Stone Cold Sober, and I have always used the latch system to hook to my belt loop, which many of you know as well.

At least if I was stoned it would have Justified the excuse of losing them, in this particular case I have no fucking excuse!!!!🤬🤬

Laugh on.....🤣🤣
I always put my Key and Fob in a pocket a snap or zipper jacket pocket when wearing one or my front jeans pocket, so as not to lose them.
Mike U.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Too bad we aren't closer..... the Daytona Twin Scan 4 I purchased for my ABS brake bleeding experiment, also has a function to Enable / Disable Security as well as program Key Fobs. It would have been neat to try this out in real-time.

No laugh here. I was riding and found I had latched my fob to my shirt - I missed the belt loop completely.

Hope you get it sorted soon enough.

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
Smitty that would really be cool,
My HD dealer, said they could reprogram the fob without a SKU number
So they can do it? If so send me you address. And witch you want the 2011 or 2017 or both.
I can get them in the mail tomorrow.

Reactions: Shiny and Mike U

·
Registered
2020 Zephyr Blue / Black RGS stage 2 TQ cam,V&H power duals, Ventilator Ciro bag blades,Kahuna heate
1,227 Posts
I put a tile on mine several years ago and I have had to use it. I have an air tag but have not made the switch yet just a thought

·
Registered
9,820 Posts

Laugh on.....🤣🤣
Ask Uncle Fuzzy how he knows 🤔🤣🤣🤣🤣

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
I have always used the latch system to hook to my belt loop, which many of you know as well.
I do something similar and have for decades. I have the leather loop (with a key ring in it) that cam with a chain wallet, and clip my keys to it. The fob is on a small secondary key ring that stays attached to the first one (more flexible/flatter that way), so it's not in the way when trying to use my keys.

I've been lucky so far, but have had several key clips break, wear-out, or fall apart over the years. So it is entirely possible that you did nothing wrong, the clasp very well may have just let go and they dropped somewhere.

If you were at some type of sit-down establishment during that time, see if the cleaning crew there found them in a booth or corner somewhere near where you were sitting.

I once found them hanging from a bolt sticking out of the transmission, after an old clasp came apart on me during a ride.

·
Premium Member
2021 Road Glide Special
454 Posts
I don't know how it would apply to the KeFob but when I ordered the saddlebag guards they were on backorder with a 4 week shipping time. They shipped within a week. Last I was at my local dealer I asked about an extra key fob. They said they need the one I currently have and they can do it straight away. Sounded like they had some in-stock.

So maybe an option is calling even more dealers?? Seeing if they can sell you one over the phone and mail it?
My local dealer is Harley Motorcycles & Trikes for Sale | Harley-Davidson of Columbia TN

Or if you want I can stop in there Saturday and buy one and mail it. If they will let me buy one without activating it that is. I don't know yet if they will.

·
Registered
4,991 Posts
I don't know how it would apply to the KeFob but when I ordered the saddlebag guards they were on backorder with a 4 week shipping time. They shipped within a week. Last I was at my local dealer I asked about an extra key fob. They said they need the one I currently have and they can do it straight away. Sounded like they had some in-stock.

So maybe an option is calling even more dealers?? Seeing if they can sell you one over the phone and mail it?
My local dealer is Harley Motorcycles & Trikes for Sale | Harley-Davidson of Columbia TN

Or if you want I can stop in there Saturday and buy one and mail it. If they will let me buy one without activating it that is. I don't know yet if they will.
They might have your FOB in stock, but the one for his bike is different.

·
Premium Member
2021 Road Glide Special
454 Posts

OK, scratch that. I just called. Same story - none in stock, won't be in stock until January. Sorry bud!!

1 - 20 of 95 Posts