Road Glide banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Premium Member
2010 FLTRX, 96 No Mo, Plain Jane
2,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay I'm going to keep this as short as possible, in a nut shell.
I lost my keys last night while riding my bike, with Texas hooligan, it took two and a half hours from my old lady just to get to me where I shut the bike off not realizing I no longer had keys or a fob. I was so Strat and distressed I forgot about being able to override the key fob. So today I call up eight different Harley-Davidsons, looking for a key fob each and every Harley-Davidson told me that it might be February before I could get one, I'm so freaking mad at myself the fucked up part about it is is I clipped them to my belt loop. Never have had this happen, I've never lost a set of motorcycle keys in the 45 years I've been riding.

I have not been able to find a key fob anywhere eBay, Amazon all of the Harleys in my area.

So what I am asking is is there anybody on the Forum that might have a spare or one lying around that they might want to sell to me, this forum is my last ditch effort.......

2010 road glide

· Premium Member
2,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Like I'm really afraid to pull the trigger on that it says already on backorder, and I wonder if that's a lie pertaining the week, very skeptical after calling so many dealerships..... that would really suck to pay the $80 only to find out it's going to be on back order to till February as well.....

· Premium Member
2,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay Mike just tried to purchase that key fob, it says one week but when you go to pay for it it says it's on backorder and that they would I would receive a notice when they came in, so I canceled the order

· Premium Member
2,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Smitty that would really be cool,
My HD dealer, said they could reprogram the fob without a SKU number

· Premium Member
2,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Man, you gotta be pretty stoned to lose your bike keys! lol
Okay you mother fuckers, now the laughing really begins......
I was Stone Cold Sober, and I have always used the latch system to hook to my belt loop, which many of you know as well.

At least if I was stoned it would have Justified the excuse of losing them, in this particular case I have no fucking excuse!!!!🤬🤬

Laugh on.....🤣🤣

· Premium Member
2,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Okay so I ordered two more keys, that will be here in 7 to 10 days, after talking to my buddy who is service manager, he told me just bring it by and he take care of it for me free of charge. But he did suggest that I try to get another one, Robert was generous enough to send me one that will work for sure, but I'm still on the lookout for one more so now I will have a spare set of keys, I had those keys for years, that's the original key in the original fob they came with the bike, but now I come to realize that I do need a spare set of keys another lesson learned,

And I do love this fourm, it's the greatest show on Earth!!!!
I see members come and I see members go, but mostly I see them fade away, but there is a group of people on here that I truly call friends, it is a privilege to call them friends, which is why I love this forum so much,

Oh yeah one more thing......
I really appreciate all of your suggestions on how to carry my fucking set of keys, your input is fucking greatly appreciated, cuz I made it 12 years before I lost the bitches.....
But I really do appreciate y'all's input thank you.........🤣🤣

· Premium Member
2,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
These are the keys in question, how can you lose set of keys when they're supposed to be hooked to your belt loop.......
Good excuses welcome.........

Communication Device Gas Gadget Electric blue Electronic device

· Premium Member
2,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
except he can't change it without a working key fob on hand.

if the deal with smitty falls through, i have an extra one for 2010-2013 range.

I just received an email from Harley Davidson that Key Fob Part #68926-07 is back in stock.
Mike U.​
Maybe in your area Mike,
but not in my area, and let me say this about Houston it ain't no small town, with no luck at all. Yes thanks to Robert I am covered, I'm hoping one of my other friends on this fourm here will volunteer to let me have his for a good price......

· Premium Member
2,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
except he can't change it without a working key fob on hand.

if the deal with smitty falls through, i have an extra one for 2010-2013 range.
Mike after talking to my dealership that I trade at in bum fucked Egypt, my service manager" Jeremy" told me to bring the fobs to him and he would program them for free for me........ same dude that help me put my 110 in they did all the work.....

· Premium Member
2,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Ok.....
Finally Freedom again, one thing that saved me I guess on one of my days when I was really super high, I decided that I was going to make that PIN number that you need to start the bike easy, and it was easy.
If only I wouldn't be high strung like I am, I would not have damaged my bike the way I did by slapping a winch cable around the forks, without anything such as a towel or shirt, by doing it directly with the winch cable, I messed up my cowbells my shiny new lower Forks, and put a couple of dents with scratches on the fender. All because I couldn't remember to start the bike up, without the key fob. So much of this could have been avoided, I tried to park the bike on incline that really wasn't safe, the last thing I remember was my fucking bike falling down the slope and it nailed a couple of things on my bike. My highway pegs were pushed into my brake pedal, the handlebars took a good shot you can see where they got scratched, there was nothing good that came out of this, just me being an idiot, not being able to focus on the situation at hand. I don't know if I actually learned anything, the next time I would just simply take a deep breath, try to settle my mind from racing a million miles an hour, I was lucky enough to have Texas hooligan hang out, Skeeters were bad, and were showing up in swarms, so I told Texas hooligan hey head back to the house, no need for you getting tore up, and the last Grand gesture, was leaving me a bottle of offf...... that gave me more protection than the 9mm on my side. Place where I broke down was really dark no lights, no buildings with lights nothing just straight dark, and you could feel every time the swarm of skeezers came by it'd be like hundreds of them in your body all at the same time and I had that off covered on head to toe and the mosquitoes were still coming...

All of this could have been avoided if I had only remembered how to start the bike without a fob, hooligan and I were going for our first ride together, and we were headed on a fairly long journey to Matagorda Texas which is about an hour and a half we could have finished that if I only had remembered, I want to give hooligan props, he is one of the few that can handle my riding style, we actually rode handlebar to at speeds that I love to ride, I am an aggressive Rider make no mistake about, as we were riding high-speed sweepers, there are plentiful along the way, he was right there, with his brand new 2022, lucky for me the damn thing is still in break-in mode, or I might have been following him. all the way....... till I had to pull over, it's was awesome riding with someone with my mindset, mjsdouble and the Cali boys,(Kevin, Bill, and Scott)I really enjoyed riding with them as well......

· Premium Member
2,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Just came up on the post. Cant help you with the barrel key but I do have a spare fob from a 2020 RGL. Its yours (free of charge) if you need it.
Thanks midnight but these fobs only work up to 2017, which is when they made another change, my service manager relayed that information to me. But thanks brother, that really means a lot knowing that we have members that are willing to reach out.

· Premium Member
2,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Well I'm forgetting the part of the story that I really didn't want to tell but, with the bike taking a fall like it did, I have a brake line that is leaking, I have a dented Fender that it's no way could be fixed, I actually took it for a ride before I realized it was rubbing the tire, actually took it for a ride before I realized that the foot pad, had fallen in front of the break pedal. So once again being an idiot is costing me money, all I got to say is thank God for this damn fourm......
So I'm actually going to ride the bike without a fender, hopefully I don't run into any kind of rain cuz that suck coming back from Wisconsin, riding in the rain.
Fucked up part is I even made the code easier to remember. all this mess could have been avoided!!!!

I'm gonna be kicking myself in the ass every time I go downstairs and look at the bike.
But another thing about the fourm I like, they find humor in other people's pain,
Wich makes it easier to accept. I do love this fourm and for what it stands for and how it represents the motorcycle enthusiast!!

· Premium Member
2,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
No wait till your fobless before buying a spare. Dont forget about setting up the override on your bike in case you lose your fob. 2 mistakes made . I hope others will know better.
Thanks puller,
I had already set up a code it was there if I had only remembered, and two mistakes your way off, a bunch of motherfucking mistakes were made!!!!!
I really don't see any other members being a as stupid as I am, I'm fucking bipolar, and I take medicine to keep me from going fucking crazy on somebody!!! And there are times that the medicine doesn't even work, this was one of those days where my mind could not stop racing, hundreds of scattered thoughts, and not one of them could I work out, and I hope you can understand that, and put it into perspective of where I am coming from. and it would have been even worse if I wouldn't have had hooligan there to help settle me down!!!!

High 5 to you John.....

· Premium Member
2,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
It's really easy rooster if you know your code number, and there's a way to change that as well. But as for me I knew my code 5 digit code. And to start it was relatively easy with the exception of the alarm going off with my two sirens,
Is actually pretty simple, for me I have to let the alarm shut down before I can start the bike. What I have to do is turn the Run switch to off, turn the key on while pushing in both left and right turn signals at the same time, a code will come up on your odometer, at that point using the left turn signal to change the number, and the right turn signal to go to the next number after all five numbers are entered, you simply push the bike to run and you're ready to go it took a few times of me pressing the buttons before I actually got it down, the hardest part for me is having to listen to those damn sirens,
They are fucking ear piercing, but I can now ride the bike until all of my shit arrives, I have two keys coming and two fob's coming, so for the first time since purchasing the bike I will actually have a spare set of keys hanging up on the key board.

· Premium Member
2,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Damn Christopher… 2023 can’t get here soon enough. I’ve lost track of how many fenders you’ve been through this year. Best of luck getting the bike back to good working order. Next time give us a holler and we can likely help with the fob situation or any other matter that has you stranded.
Kenny,
I appreciate those kind words, and it's people like you, they help me keep my head up and keep it straight, I just do stupid stuff my mind screws with my head, yeah I've been through a couple of fenders this year, it seems my bad days always happen when I forget to take my medicine, 90% of the time, my wife can tell whether I've taken it or not, but sometimes our morning starts out fast, and I simply forget. And that's usually when the destruction sets in, I have had this problem all of my life, and I know how important it is to take my meds, but some days you just forget, and those are the days that you really pay for it. There's a reason you got the Janie award... and now you set the bar super high. Sometimes my mind goes extremely fast, I have a picture of you receiving the genie award, sometimes I look at that and I realize that there are people out there that are calm and on an even keel, those are the people I want to hang out with. Simply cuz it helps my demeanor.

Thanks Kenny for what you do, for the Forum and the people on it.

Christopher

· Premium Member
2,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
What year and RG model is your bike? Model may not matter.
Woverby,
As usual the fourm has come to my rescue, a couple of forum members I won't mention any names,( Smitty and Scratch )have already sent me key fobs, I already ordered two replacement keys, the service manager said if I just bring my bike in, he would program them for free. But not without fucking with me first, he told me it would be an hour's labor, for each fob when he seen my look on my face he started laughing and told me he was just kidding, just to bring the bike in he'll take care of it🤣🤣🤣

· Premium Member
2,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
One of my buddies installes garage doors for a living, and he actually gave me that fob for the garage door, I've already asked him to order me another one......

· Premium Member
2,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
Zedbra that sounds good,
But you can't beat free, plus I have 2 garage doors, an this particular fob works both of them, I pull out the back garage when I leave, then when I come home I open up the front garage, I love the setup there's no backing the bike up, your always going forward.....

· Premium Member
2,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
The only problem I have found starting the bike without the key fob, is how fucking noisy it is, I have to let that damn alarm system shut down before I can actually put in the code, and I got the bright idea that one siren wasn't loud enough so I added another one, and having to listen to that alarm cycle through with that siren is crazy, I wish there was a way I could get it to fire her up without having to let the alarm go through its cycle before I fire it up, I guess I shouldn't bitch it does fire up after the first sequence of the alarm.......

I was told, 2007 to 2016 would work, they made the change in 2017......

· Premium Member
2,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
One thing I want to emphasize, it's really important to know the sequence, in case of emergency, my code number was already dialed in, I had done that probably 5 years ago and forgot all about it. But you learn by example, and I promise I'm not going to make this mistake ever the fuck again it was just too costly. Stupidity stays with you when you do dumb things and you remember the stupidity, so this won't happen to me again, unless I get Alzheimer's like my mom, then it won't matter.......

1 - 20 of 25 Posts