Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
61 - 80 of 95 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
On a trip away from home the second FOB is on the bike or luggage with battery removed. If needed a battery goes in quick. Also we do know the pin.
You can also put aluminum around your second FOB. I'd test it to verify there are no "leaks" or open "seams". This works for me. I have a super, secret place I stash the second FOB and key on my bike. Oh, I also include any key for other security locks I use on the bike, such as a brake lock.

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
Kenny,
I appreciate those kind words, and it's people like you, they help me keep my head up and keep it straight, I just do stupid stuff my mind screws with my head, yeah I've been through a couple of fenders this year, it seems my bad days always happen when I forget to take my medicine, 90% of the time, my wife can tell whether I've taken it or not, but sometimes our morning starts out fast, and I simply forget. And that's usually when the destruction sets in, I have had this problem all of my life, and I know how important it is to take my meds, but some days you just forget, and those are the days that you really pay for it. There's a reason you got the Janie award... and now you set the bar super high. Sometimes my mind goes extremely fast, I have a picture of you receiving the genie award, sometimes I look at that and I realize that there are people out there that are calm and on an even keel, those are the people I want to hang out with. Simply cuz it helps my demeanor.

Thanks Kenny for what you do, for the Forum and the people on it.

Christopher
Christopher, hold your head high! Hell, I am not on any regular meds and I fruck up much worst on a regular basis than you did with this minor and probably common mishap.

·
Premium Member
2010 FLTRX, 96 No Mo, Plain Jane
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
What year and RG model is your bike? Model may not matter.
Woverby,
As usual the fourm has come to my rescue, a couple of forum members I won't mention any names,( Smitty and Scratch )have already sent me key fobs, I already ordered two replacement keys, the service manager said if I just bring my bike in, he would program them for free. But not without fucking with me first, he told me it would be an hour's labor, for each fob when he seen my look on my face he started laughing and told me he was just kidding, just to bring the bike in he'll take care of it🤣🤣🤣

·
Premium Member
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
One of my buddies installes garage doors for a living, and he actually gave me that fob for the garage door, I've already asked him to order me another one......

·
Administrator
2008 FLTRU 105th Anniversary w/ 110"
4,772 Posts
One of my buddies installes garage doors for a living, and he actually gave me that fob for the garage door, I've already asked him to order me another one......
I am a big fan of my Tailwind unit on the garage door. It will auto open and close as you approach or leave and you can also just use an app on your phone and open it from anywhere on the globe.

·
Premium Member
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
Zedbra that sounds good,
But you can't beat free, plus I have 2 garage doors, an this particular fob works both of them, I pull out the back garage when I leave, then when I come home I open up the front garage, I love the setup there's no backing the bike up, your always going forward.....

·
Premium Member
Bastardized 2011 FLTRU
209 Posts
I am unsure why you have it stashed under your seat. Do you have it tied down somewhere?
Well if you must know, it’s in a water proof black neoprene bag stashed down under the ECM tray and is 100% hidden from view. It would take some focused effort to find….. I also reset my bypass code last night, so I have a backup to my backup if I ever lose or forget my fob.

·
Premium Member
Bastardized 2011 FLTRU
209 Posts
but they do share the requirement for the fob to be present in order to change/view the code…..,,,,
Yup. First I tried with my fob inside the house and it wouldn’t work. So I brought it out to the garage and was able to view the code (set by the PO because I didn’t know this process even existed until yesterday, lol). I changed it to something I’ll remember, tested, and it works as it should……..

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
FWIW the full HD Smart Security System kit PN: 68200-07 is said to fit from 2007-2013 so the 08 in the video should be the same as our 10's

·
Premium Member
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
The only problem I have found starting the bike without the key fob, is how fucking noisy it is, I have to let that damn alarm system shut down before I can actually put in the code, and I got the bright idea that one siren wasn't loud enough so I added another one, and having to listen to that alarm cycle through with that siren is crazy, I wish there was a way I could get it to fire her up without having to let the alarm go through its cycle before I fire it up, I guess I shouldn't bitch it does fire up after the first sequence of the alarm.......

I was told, 2007 to 2016 would work, they made the change in 2017......

·
Premium Member
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
One thing I want to emphasize, it's really important to know the sequence, in case of emergency, my code number was already dialed in, I had done that probably 5 years ago and forgot all about it. But you learn by example, and I promise I'm not going to make this mistake ever the fuck again it was just too costly. Stupidity stays with you when you do dumb things and you remember the stupidity, so this won't happen to me again, unless I get Alzheimer's like my mom, then it won't matter.......

·
Registered
4,924 Posts
The only problem I have found starting the bike without the key fob, is how fucking noisy it is, I have to let that damn alarm system shut down before I can actually put in the code, and I got the bright idea that one siren wasn't loud enough so I added another one, and having to listen to that alarm cycle through with that siren is crazy, I wish there was a way I could get it to fire her up without having to let the alarm go through its cycle before I fire it up, I guess I shouldn't bitch it does fire up after the first sequence of the alarm.......

The alarm shouldn’t go off if you don’t take the bike off the jiffy stand.

·
Premium Member
6,092 Posts

if your alarm is going off, then you're not doing something right. when starting your bike via code, it's really important to firstly, not move your bike. standing off to the side is best. and secondly, you've got to enter it within the time parameters. take too much time, or enter a wrong number, and the alarm will go off. but if you just walk up, flip the switch, do your kabuki dance with the switches, and off you go.

i do not keep spare batteries, either on the bike or on hand. i do not change the fob batteries yearly. i wait until the battery dies, usually after 2-1/2 to 3 years, and then use the override code until i get to dollar general and pick up a new battery. on my 2010, i got to where i could input the code in seconds. it's even easier on the rushmore bikes.

·
Premium Member
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
Ok...
Things are lookin up, these showed up at the same time, my keys haven't even arrived yet!!
Automotive tire Grey Automotive wheel system Button Font

I guess one of you motherfuckers are trying to be funny, I also recieved one of these in the mail, with no return address.....
Font Bicycle part Eyewear Automotive tire Cable

Ha ha, but I already had one.....

61 - 80 of 95 Posts