Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
81 - 95 of 95 Posts

Registered
One thing I want to emphasize, it's really important to know the sequence, in case of emergency, my code number was already dialed in, I had done that probably 5 years ago and forgot all about it. But you learn by example, and I promise I'm not going to make this mistake ever the fuck again it was just too costly. Stupidity stays with you when you do dumb things and you remember the stupidity, so this won't happen to me again, unless I get Alzheimer's like my mom, then it won't matter.......
Hey Chris, Tell us your code so we can help you in the future if you forget.,,,We're here to help! Lol

• Haha
Reactions: ToMang07 and Mike U

Premium Member
2010 FLTRX, 96 No Mo, Plain Jane
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
Ok bill
I will give you a hint that you can probably figure out, it's the easiest code you could probably key in, if that gives you any kind of hint, because it's the fastest way to start the bike.....馃ぃ馃ぃ馃ぃ

Premium Member
2021 Road Glide Special
Someone here posted some tips about where and how to keep a spare key fob on your bike. I can鈥檛 find that post. Anyone care to PM me and fill me in? Or point me to that post please?

Thanks!

Super Moderator
Someone here posted some tips about where and how to keep a spare key fob on your bike. I can鈥檛 find that post. Anyone care to PM me and fill me in? Or point me to that post please?

Thanks!
Put foil around the spare. When my Wife and I are on trips together I鈥檒l take her extra FOB and put mine on her bike. Wrap them in foil and they won鈥檛 work.

Premium Member
unlike a lot of folks here, i don't worry about taking an extra fob with me. i keep it in the desk drawer so that if i ever need it, i know where to look for it. as far as losing it while on a trip? meh, that's what the override code is for. i will pack an extra key so that i can lock/unlock saddlebags or forks.

i just think there are so many other things to worry about, that i'm not gonna waste my time on something that minor.

now, if you do, that's okay too. there's really no wrong answer here. well, there is one. not learning how to use your override code. that's a wrong answer.

Registered
2022 Road Glide Limited - Vivid Black
Have you tried ordering a CVO fob?? They're more expensive ( $150 I think ) but they're probably more available. They also come with he flip out key already cut for your bike from Harley. I ordered one for my rgl and I like having the key and fob together. I mean hey, whenever I screw up with my Harley I figure that's just God telling me it's time to upgrade.

Registered
Ok, it's actually $179. Ouch, I must have been caught up in "new Harley fever" when I ordered this thing but I do like it. Definitely not dangling $180 off my belt loop.

Check with your dealer to see if they can get it. You may actually be that desperate.

Registered
Ok, it's actually $179. Ouch, I must have been caught up in "new Harley fever" when I ordered this thing but I do like it. Definitely not dangling $180 off my belt loop.

Check with your dealer to see if they can get it. You may actually be that desperate.

Was $149 last year when I bought it. Had a $100 gift certificate from referring a bike sale to the guy I bought my bike from, and they didn't charge me to marry it up

Registered
Dealer did my programing as well at no extra charge. Probably computer chip related supply issues but who knows, maybe their made in Ukraine. I understand the same issue exists with SE tuners, though my local dealer suddenly ended up with 6 out of nowhere.

We're living through weird times, maybe why I bought a Harley.

Premium Member
2010 FLTRX, 96 No Mo, Plain Jane
Discussion Starter · #94 ·
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Product Wood

Just waiting on the garage door openers, but I am back in business no more alarm going off by accident cuz I keyed in the damn code too quickly and missed the number, even though they were all the same........ and I got to tell you one siren wasn't good enough for me so I added two.... is that damn alarm is obnoxiously loud, ear piercing within 20 feet......
So glad to have all that bullshit behind me, just want to say thanks to the people that donated the the key fobs they worked terrific, my buddy up at Cowboys Harley shout out to Matt who's service department manager, he just wield my bike in, 10 minutes later he wheeled my bike out, before he gave the keys, I see him typing shit on the computer really fast, and with a straight face, he looks at me and says I gave you a really good deal and only charged 1 hour of labor.......I thought we were friends...
Fuckkkkkkkk......I'm reaching for my credit card..... he starts busting out laughing, he said the look on my face was priceless, then he handed me my keys and told me to get the fuck out of here he didn't want to see me until the next time.....

The Greatest Moderator on The Internet
View attachment 449116

Just waiting on the garage door openers, but I am back in business no more alarm going off by accident cuz I keyed in the damn code too quickly and missed the number, even though they were all the same........ and I got to tell you one siren wasn't good enough for me so I added two.... is that damn alarm is obnoxiously loud, ear piercing within 20 feet......
So glad to have all that bullshit behind me, just want to say thanks to the people that donated the the key fobs they worked terrific, my buddy up at Cowboys Harley shout out to Matt who's service department manager, he just wield my bike in, 10 minutes later he wheeled my bike out, before he gave the keys, I see him typing shit on the computer really fast, and with a straight face, he looks at me and says I gave you a really good deal and only charged 1 hour of labor.......I thought we were friends...
Fuckkkkkkkk......I'm reaching for my credit card..... he starts busting out laughing, he said the look on my face was priceless, then he handed me my keys and told me to get the fuck out of here he didn't want to see me until the next time.....
Right On Christopher! Glad that You are back in business, so to say.
Now get that Madstad dialed in and You will be one Happy Camper! 馃榿
Mike U.

81 - 95 of 95 Posts