Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a 2012 Roadie custom, wanna just do a drop in set of speakers. Been reading and see people say a huge improvement over clearity, even saw that they play a lil louder than factory speakers. Just wondering which brand to go with, Hog tunes, Hawg Wired , J&M, think I'm down to either J&M or Hawg Wired speakers. I just want drop in speakers, no fuss, not gonna add an amp or any other speakers down the road.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Funny you should ask :) I just bought a set of the J & M 7 1/4 from DCP for $260. I just wanted speakers myself but incase I decide later to add an amp I won't have to get different speakers. Here is the link to the ones I got at DCP Road Glide Speakers

·
Registered
7,287 Posts
Hawg wire or infinity speaker would be my choice. I have infinity kappas. But if you're going to go through the hassle of taking the fairing off, putting on speaker adapters & new speakers, you might as well treat yourself to an amp or other audio modifications to complete the set.. JMO. Good luck.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
7,215 Posts
If youre looking to do just a "drop in" set of speakers which i assume means a simple stock 5.25" swap then any speaker will sound better than stock. I originally went with hawg wired 5.25" then upgraded to fosgate 6.5" with adapters. Even better but i still dont have an amp yet either

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If youre looking to do just a "drop in" set of speakers which i assume means a simple stock 5.25" swap then any speaker will sound better than stock. I originally went with hawg wired 5.25" then upgraded to fosgate 6.5" with adapters. Even better but i still dont have an amp yet either
Hmmmm I was wondering how much clearer those 6.5' speakers are, just thought the added weight they have would eventually break the mounting tabs off inside the fairing, no??? How much was that set? Better bass and mid range quality over the 5.25" speakers too?

·
Super Moderator
12,430 Posts
Don't know if you've made the change yet, but if you are going to only do speakers and nothing else the Booms from HD are a good choice. If you want to go larger speakers with no amp, you add a lot more choice. Personally I'd go with an amp, nobody says you have to play music for the whole neighborhood, but the amp will provide you with a fuller sound, JMO.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 11 of 11 Posts