Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Depends on the year of your bike. If you have 14-up bike, the BCM will equalize the load, once you tell it to learn the lower load of the LED lights. If you have a 13-older bike, you will need an in-line loaf equalizer.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
FYI it seems that most people don't have any trouble with this. But my 15 RGS the dash lights flash fast but the signals don't. It's something I can live with for brighter lights. The ones I used were from AutoZone that someone here recommended.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
If your dash lights flash quickly turn your four ways on for 30 seconds and this should remedy the problem did for me on my 15

·
Registered
6,528 Posts
I had to use a load equalizer on my 08.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
If your dash lights flash quickly turn your four ways on for 30 seconds and this should remedy the problem did for me on my 15
I tried a minute, then 5 minutes, then 20 minutes. I was on a parade this fall and they were on for 1 1/2 hours plus. Still the dash flashes fast. Might be the bulb used or something with my bike, but it flashes normal to all the cages out there. So the dash is no big deal to me.

·
Registered
132 Posts
If you have the CANBUS system:

1. Turn Ignition on, but do not start the bike.
2. Turn on 4 way hazards by pressing the hazard button on the controls.
3. Turn the Ignition off letting hazards run. IF the bike has security they will flash 5 or 6 times and then pause. This is normal. They will go back to flashing normal hazard mode.
4. Let hazards run 1-2 minutes.
5. Turn Ignition back on.
6. Turn off hazards.
7. Turn Ignition off and then back on.

·
Life Member With a Grey Beard
2,122 Posts

3. Turn the Ignition off letting hazards run. IF the bike has security they will flash 5 or 6 times and then pause. This is normal. They will go back to flashing normal hazard mode.
6. Turn off hazards.
Worked for me with the Custom Dynamics replacements!
2018 RG Special

·
Registered
1,454 Posts

6. Turn off hazards.
Thank you very much for detailed instructions! Mixed results. The hazard lights no longer flash fast on the dash. However the turn signals still flash fast. I think it's related to my mix of lights. With the ignition on my Bag Blades sequential Amber, but with the ignition off only the rest run. Maybe I'll disconnect the Bag Blades and try. Even if it doesn't work I'm really happy with how visible my rear is.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Slyvania 3157R super bright led are canbus compatible, realized after installing they are meant to be vertical for optimum brightness for tails but are super bright brake lights.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts