Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I'm just wondering if anyone has installed a iPod interface and your bike didn't recognize it even though you have the updated stereo and the moco says you have to bring your bike in and charge you to reprogram it so it will recognize the interface. This is a bunch of bullshit!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
142 Posts
I think before I did that I would recheck all the connections. I believe you can download the updates from the HD website and burn to a cd. I think they have step by step instructions there.

Sent from my DROID3 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
560 Posts
Did it on my '10 Ultra Classic, the cd i burned from the website would not work. Went to the dealer and they did it for free, the tech said he had 3 discs, the only one that worked on most bikes was one he burned when he went to the MoCo class. Try burning a couple discs, if that don't do it you'll have to visit the dealer.

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
worked for me:

http://www.harley-davidson.com/en_US/Content/Pages/Genuine_Motor_Accessories/advanced-audio-system.html

even if it isn't updated to the newest and bestest firmware, it should still recognize the ipod interface. it does not need to be reprogrammed at the hd dealer!

i had the same issue when i did my first ipod install back in 2010. after cussing and swearing for about 10 minutes, i stepped back, took a deep breath and then went and checked my connectors. i think it was the 6 pin connector, felt like the wires were all connected good, but they weren't. reseated all connections, and the ipod fired right up.

Thanks I tried to go to the site that the instructions have for updating your radio and its telling that the page has been shut down

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

1 - 8 of 8 Posts