Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I'm currently running Drago head pipes with CFR's and I'm wanting to change things up, I'm disappointed on how much the black CFR pipes have discolored over the 3 years I've had them and Drago's black head pipes look like the day they were new. I'm torn to either going with Drago's Dragula 2 2into1 or his dual 4" mufflers. I'm asking for video or clips of the sounds of either. I've checked youtube.com and haven't come across too many good quality videos to my liking to make a good decision. Frank if you come across this post and have some hidden videos that you've never posted up online I'd greatly appreciate it if you had a few more! :)

· Registered
1,066 Posts
Well if your disappointed about the black CFR's changing colors in three years your going to be really disappointed when you get the black dragula. My muffler and heat shields changed colors in less than 2 months. Frank recoated the heat shield and they look good but the muffler looks Gray now. Frank told me that it will do that no matter what you coat it with due to the heat.

· Registered
97 Posts
Your going to experience the same discoloration with the dragos pipes that you have with the cfrs. The coating that Rush uses is just a powder coat finish and will not hold up to the temperatures. The only way to remedy this is to have the pipes ceramic coated. Mine discolored in a couple of weeks.

I have the Rush Wrath 2:1 setup which is the same exact pipe as the Dragos. I paid 830 for the 2:1 and ghost pipe.

· Registered
1,910 Posts
Taccone.

Are you looking for a video of the New Dragula 2. Which by the way is 100% different pipe than the 1st Dragula.

We are also playing with liquid ceramic coatings. Which so far have held up to the tests on muffler body. But the cost of this will make the price go up on black.

Std ceramic black will turn and fade on the collector. If I'm right the CFR mufflers are ceramic coated?

On my new 15 road glide I have 124 Inc blower motor with a new powder coat we are playing with and so far so good.

But coatings and chrome will not hold up and handle for ever and will fade or change color over time.

2:1 will change faster than std duals you have two pipes that come together with extreme heat and the collector can see anywhere from 560/900 degrees heat under high loads.

The fix in future we will be a heat shield over the muffler as option to cover collector and muffler. Just like the factory does with CVO and thunder header etc.,,,,

I my self like the discolor it gives it character. Call me crazy but it gives it that titanium look with chrome like the Metric sport bikes. I love that blue yellow chrome look.

What happens with powder is that the pigment burns out of it and can change grey from 3/4 inches back.

This is my 2015 with stock motor before I built new motor.
New Dragula 2 pipe only from Dragos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhAJE-QoCoM

Ok so I'm currently running Drago head pipes with CFR's and I'm wanting to change things up, I'm disappointed on how much the black CFR pipes have discolored over the 3 years I've had them and Drago's black head pipes look like the day they were new. I'm torn to either going with Drago's Dragula 2 2into1 or his dual 4" mufflers. I'm asking for video or clips of the sounds of either. I've checked youtube.com and haven't come across too many good quality videos to my liking to make a good decision. Frank if you come across this post and have some hidden videos that you've never posted up online I'd greatly appreciate it if you had a few more! :)

· Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll be going chrome on this change up actually

· Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Frank, yes I'll prefer the new dragula 2 pipe as well

· Registered
1,564 Posts
I just installed the Dragula 2 and 580 cams. I'll try and get some pictures and sound clips this weekend

· Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I just installed the Dragula 2 and 580 cams. I'll try and get some pictures and sound clips this weekend
Thanks!

Yeah think I'm gonna switch to chrome pipes, I'm just anal about having everything match in color. But I honestly gotta say I love my CFR pipes and don't trust the chrome quality on them and I love the sound of Frank's 2 into 1 pipe, so I know I'll be happy!

· Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the video's everyone! Much appreciated! :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.