Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am pulling the plug after 44 years working in a steel mill blast furnace. Friday, July 29 is my last day at work.

August 1st. I will be heading out from Northwest Indiana for a month long road trip. I will be traveling to Utah's five National parks and adjoining area, lots of great riding.

Then through Nevada on highway 50, (Americas loneliest road) to Lake Tahoe. I will start working my way back home through northern Nevada, back into Utah to check out the salt flats and the Great Salt Lake. From there, into Wyoming, then Colorado to cruise Trail Ridge Road in Rocky Mountain national Park. I will freelance the rest of my way home.

I will be mostly camping, with a few mom and pop motels along the way. This will be my longest motorcycle road trip to date. Looking forward to a great adventure.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Congratulations your retirement. I retired about 5 years ago but still have a minor at home so don't get to ride as much as I want. Enjoy the trip.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Don't put it off

I started in the blast furnace at Stelco in Hamilton Ontario Canada in 1968. Good for you lasting as long as you did, I only lasted 4 years.
I know the environment; so you go, ride, and enjoy tha fresh air.
While I get to enjoy the products you helped produced over all those years.

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Congrats on retirement and your plan to ride this great country
With the temps out west you may feel your still at work LOL
Relax and enjoy your ride you deserve it

·
Registered
515 Posts
WAZMAN hey congrats on finishing the big run at 44 years! I am in CO and get up into Estes/Trail Ridge now and then. If you'd like to meet up for a portion of the ride thru CO, or for lunch while in the area, let me know! Have a great trip

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks RedRover, I will be on somewhat of a schedule on my way out west, but not on my way home. Should in back in Colorado around August 27 or 28th, I'll give you a shout out.

Falcon must be a small town, had to Google it couldn't find it on the map. I see you're down around Colorado Springs.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts