Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
7,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just trying to get alil info from those who use them. Are the reusable oil filters worth using? Is there any cooling benefits to using them? What brand do you use and what do you clean them with? Im thinking about using one on the scoot. Thanks

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
I have this one Link the S4 and love it. Not sure if it makes it run cooler but it is easier to change than an OEM, I clean mine with Brake Cleaner. Don't remember the price but it saves me from going to the dealership (that I hate) to pick up one and I also plan on keeping my bike way longer than the cost factor.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I use the Pure Power type : http://www.gopurepower.com/store/item.asp?itemKey=684 and have used it on a few bikes, not sure how much cooler oil is but i imagine a little cooler.

I like it and will keep it if i ever get rid of this bike.
I just use hot water and soap to clean it.

·
Registered
7,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah i wasnt too optimistic about them cooling the oil down. Was just wondering about the cooling. Thanks for the links. Ill look into them

·
Administrator
12,457 Posts
K&P engineering here also, very happy with it.

Sent from my SPH-L710

·
Registered
51 Posts
K&P on my soft tail
Just bought the new Arlen ness model for my glide. Can't say I noticed anything different, other than looks. I like being able to clean the filter, when changing oil and see what has been collected in the filter.

·
Registered
7,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Administrator
12,457 Posts
I've seen one similar to that you have listed, that wasn't available when I bought mine, otherwise who knows. I bought my filter at an event and it included a drain plug with magnet for the primary, tranny, and engine plus the magnet in the filter, I paid around $160 for the whole package, I was happy with that.

Sent from my SPH-L710

·
Registered
7,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
1 - 20 of 50 Posts