Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the highest revs you ever got out of your twin cam engine

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just rpms i missed a power shift the t max recorded 7000 rpms does that sound right

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
Just rpms i missed a power shift the t max recorded 7000 rpms does that sound right
Mine is set to 6200 on my FP3. If your limiter on the TV Max is set that high than I guess it's possible.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think a stock harley is set at 5200 rpm i was always up againest the rev limiter or floating the valves

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
I think a stock harley is set at 5200 rpm i was always up againest the rev limiter or floating the valves
Yup stock on my 08 was 5200. Not sure about the Rushmore 103 stock. I know I can raise mine. Can you see in your software what the limit is? Don't know how the T Max works.

·
Registered
546 Posts
One limits rpm to keep from damaging the engine in the event of a missed shift. 6200 has been the standard in these TC's.

·
Administrator
10,509 Posts
The TC will turn 7000 or more ..

It is factory set at 5200 ..

Intake and exhaust restriction come into play , also with any combination there will be a point when HP and TQ fall off and you still have RPM left , so in that case ther is no reason to go there ..

Pro Stock Buells on the drag strip redline around 8500 and VRods around 9500 ...

·
Registered
6,627 Posts
I always set the rev limiter on my bike @ 6200, that way I never hit the rev limit. After 6200 rpm the bike isn't going to make anymore power anyways.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts