Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Revolution Performance uses a big bore kit that has all aluminum cylinders with "nickel silicon carbide" plating. The say it's stronger than cast iron and lasts three to four times longer. Has anyone ever installed one of their kits? If so, what are your thoughts, good or bad.

Nevadasun

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Revolution Performance uses a big bore kit that has all aluminum cylinders with "nickel silicon carbide" plating. The say it's stronger than cast iron and lasts three to four times longer. Has anyone ever installed one of their kits? If so, what are your thoughts, good or bad.

Nevadasun
We bore the cast-iron lined OEM cylinder to 107", and have since 2007.
Never an issue.
Scott

·
Administrator
12,485 Posts
I have the Rev Performance 107, love it. They have a video somewhere on You Tube that shows their cylinders next to an OEM bored cylinder. BTW I haven't heard of anybody having problems with bored OEM cylinders either.

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
This is the same old thing you see. I have been using REV PEF 107 cylinders for over 6 years and never had an issue we check and file fit rings and clean them up before install. Fastbagger 09 has them on his bike since 2009 with 210 plus hp never had an issue he beats the shit out of that bike. I feel sorry for that bike.

Yes they had an issue in the past and it was not the Nickasi from what I have seenl. It is very hard to cut Nickasil.

The rings were the problem I seen it first hand on 2006 stglide with there REV PER 124 kit. Another shop built the bike and then I re-did it for him and the bike makes 142 hp 148 tq. to this day no issues he just had it at Sturgis last year.
I my self have never seen the Nickasil flake off. Not to say it has not. But we work on many different bikes here from Metric to US and have never seen that.

Its the old saying some people had some bad experience with them I can understand the bad taste in there month's and never want to use them again.

Again we have seen stock cylinders go bad just as fast and crack spigots. etc.,

Not here to fight with anyone just what I see here..:D.

Here is ATTCH of a Spigot on a 107
Here Is ATT of a Spigot on a 88/96" Avg give or take

Sorry I dont have one here of a Stock 103 to show

Nevadasun

Attachments

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I have used the Revperf Nikasil kits a few times with excellent results, but have used 10 times that many bored stock cylinders also without problems. I stay away from the very large high comp. builds, so any advantage in cylinder strength is not a major concern to me. I do think the nikasil kits run cooler.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This is the same old thing you see. I have been using REV PEF 107 cylinders for over 6 years and never had an issue we check and file fit rings and clean them up before install. Fastbagger 09 has them on his bike since 2009 with 210 plus hp never had an issue he beats the shit out of that bike. I feel sorry for that bike.

Yes they had an issue in the past and it was not the Nickasi from what I have seenl. It is very hard to cut Nickasil.

The rings were the problem I seen it first hand on 2006 stglide with there REV PER 124 kit. Another shop built the bike and then I re-did it for him and the bike makes 142 hp 148 tq. to this day no issues he just had it at Sturgis last year.
I my self have never seen the Nickasil flake off. Not to say it has not. But we work on many different bikes here from Metric to US and have never seen that.

Its the old saying some people had some bad experience with them I can understand the bad taste in there month's and never want to use them again.

Again we have seen stock cylinders go bad just as fast and crack spigots. etc.,

Not here to fight with anyone just what I see here..:D.

Here is ATTCH of a Spigot on a 107
Here Is ATT of a Spigot on a 88/96" Avg give or take

Sorry I dont have one here of a Stock 103 to show
I would like to go with something more than a 107. Revolution Performance now offers a 113 kit with 10.5:1 pistons. This setup seems to be more of what I'm looking for, don't really need whiplash when I roll-on. However, I am looking for more power with a setup that will last over the years. I don't beat the crap out of that bike, and I won't even with more power.

Nevadasun

P

·
0 Posts
if theve truelly over come their problems,by all means use them.I still prefer to bore HD cylinders to 3.935,

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
I would like to go with something more than a 107. Revolution Performance now offers a 113 kit with 10.5:1 pistons. This setup seems to be more of what I'm looking for, don't really need whiplash when I roll-on. However, I am looking for more power with a setup that will last over the years. I don't beat the crap out of that bike, and I won't even with more power.

Nevadasun

A set of S&S 4 1/8" bore cylinders, would have you at 117".
Easy to have those marking well over 130 ft/lbs, with small(er) cams, and medium compression ratios.
Scott

1 - 11 of 11 Posts